Changing pair from monolingual still leaves word monolingual (v3 version only)
Thread poster: Jack Doughty

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:58
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Sep 18, 2005

It is not uncommon for an inexperienced user to post a question as English monolingual when some other language is required. I just altered one such - http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1140519 - from "English (monolingual)" to Spanish to English, and the question is now headed "Spanish to English (monolingual)". I have seen several previous instances of this.
But in the Beta version, it comes out correctly.

[Edited at 2005-09-18 13:55]

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:58
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hmm... Sep 18, 2005

Hello Jack!

Strange, but I see it properly in both versions (i.e. in V.3 and in Beta-test). The word "monolingual" is absent.

Natalia

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:58
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
So do I now. Sep 18, 2005

Just tried it again after reading Natalie's post, and I too now see it correctly, without "monolingual", in both versions. Does it correct itself after a time lag in v3? All very odd.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing pair from monolingual still leaves word monolingual (v3 version only)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums