Mobile menu

Icons, images etc. no longer visible
Thread poster: Cilian O'Tuama

Cilian O'Tuama
Local time: 22:20
German to English
+ ...
Jul 4, 2002

For about the last week, I for one have been unable to see icons, images or any of the lovely mugshots of my colleagues in ProZ. Before that, everything was fine. Has something been changed at your end, \'cos I certainly haven\'t changed any of my settings?

Instead of the nice small icons on my screen, I now have large unsightly rectangular boxes. It affects, among other things, the following:

Reduce to easy level

Squash

Raise to pro level

I tried attaching a screenshot to illustrate what I mean, but it wouldn\'t paste. I\'d appreciate it if someone could tell me how to correct this.

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:20
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Same problem but in brief Jul 4, 2002

This has happened to me, but only on one occasion of entering ProZ, about a week ago, since when everything has been normal.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check your browser settings Jul 4, 2002

I only have the German version of IE, so I can\'t really tell you where to find the settings. It sounds as if your browser has been set to display place holders instead of pictures (I can see all icons, pictures, etc.).

To correct this, I guess you need to go to \"View\" (or \"Tools\", depending on which IE version you use) => \"Internet Options\" => Advanced; in the list, check under \"Multimedia\" if the \"Show pictures\" option is checked.

Cilian O'Tuama
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the tip, Ralf, Jul 6, 2002

though it didn\'t help. I did find a solution though. The problem doesn\'t arise if I use IE, just with Netscape Navigator.

Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Not a settings problem Jul 7, 2002

I can\'t offer a (good) solution, but I doubt this is a problem with your settings. I\'ve got the same problem with the icons you mentioned, plus other (random) images.

For the time being, my workaround is to open the picture in a new windows and to reload until the icon appears. As long as you keep those windows open, they\'ll be displayed in the KudoZ forms, as well. Not elegant, but it works.

Antonella Andreella  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Same problem here Jul 16, 2002

since 3 weeks at least but Proz staff answered that they are not aware of any technical problems.

I receive no message if a post a topic, sayin that \'A reply has been posted to your topic\' and that since 4 weeks at least.

My user orange box has only empty cell and the only correct icon is the \'log-out\' icon.

I sent various messages and wanted to send a fax to let them see how their iste is dispalyed on my screen but no fax number available...

Desperate!!!!!

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
What browser do you use? Jul 16, 2002

Andreella,

I believe it would be helpful if you could provide some information regarding your operating system and browser version.

Quote:

On 2002-07-16 10:36, Andreella wrote:

since 3 weeks at least but Proz staff answered that they are not aware of any technical problems.

I cannot reconcile any of the problems you describe.

Quote:

I receive no message if a post a topic, sayin that \'A reply has been posted to your topic\' and that since 4 weeks at least.

Check FAQ #13.10 - forum notification is a function for Platinum members.

Quote:

My user orange box has only empty cell and the only correct icon is the \'log-out\' icon.

Now that\'s something I cannot comment on - again, mine is displayed properly. Have you tried refreshing your display ( on MS IE)?

Quote:

I sent various messages and wanted to send a fax to let them see how their iste is dispalyed on my screen but no fax number available...

Why don\'t you e-mail a screenshot? Use the combination and paste the image into a Word file, for example.

Antonella Andreella  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Sorry Lemster Jul 17, 2002

But I did not know that notificationa in the bugs forum was only allowed to Platinum members.

I printed some pages and sent them to Jason who is checking.

He also sent me two sets of

links (containing images) for me to try and see if I could see them all or not.

All the images contained in the links were perfectly displayed on my screen, though.

I also tried to reload images... but in vain, the problem is still there.

IMHO it is not due to my browser. If yes, I should have this same problem in other sites too. And actually I haven\'t.

And I first had this problem three weeks ago, but it sort of developed gradually.

And also between Friday and Saturday I could see some photos, but not icons. And on Sunday it started again....

The thing is that the site is so said without any photos and/or images and/or icons

Hope Jason will find out more...

Thanks for your kind reply

Bye

Antonella

Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Same problem here... Aug 1, 2002

And my IE is set to \"show pictures\" under the \"multimedia\" list in Internet options.

Would love to get the pictures and icons back.....

Alison

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Icons, images etc. no longer visible

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs