Temporary unavailability of the site on 4-5 July
Thread poster: Endre Both

Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:02
Member (2002)
English to German
Jul 5, 2002

On 4 July in the evening and on 5 July in the afternoon (GMT), Proz.com was incredibly slow or even inaccessible. I could not answer questions nor place bids, and even displaying the questions took ages when it worked at all. Even at the time of writing this, I\'m not sure I will be able to post it. Has anyone experienced similar problems? Is it to do with my location (Germany) or with Proz directly?

Direct link Reply with quote

Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:02
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Receiving error messages Jul 6, 2002

I had a similar problem around the time you indicated - For a period of about 1 hour on the 4 of July, all I received was an php error message (something missing in line 222, if memory serves). After using a proxy, I was able to access the site for a couple of minutes, then the error occurred not matter which proxy I used. On July 5, I didn\'t experience any problems.

The first thing I try if ProZ is getting slow for me: use a (different) proxy.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Temporary unavailability of the site on 4-5 July

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs