Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:06
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Dec 3, 2005

Hi Proz Team,

There seems to be a bug in the Web Term Search.

I usually enter English and German as language combination, and then Leo and Kudoz in Dictionaries, and Google in Search Engines. The result should be three tabs to chose from, but today there are are no tabs, but these warning messages:

"Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/pages/proz/inc/inc_functions.php on line 770

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/pages/proz/inc/inc_functions.php on line 780"

I cannot use Leo and Google, but only Kudoz. One of my colleagues just confirmed that she has the same problem.

Thanks,
Stefanie

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Support Request posted Dec 3, 2005

Hi Stefanie,
It's usually more effective to submit a Support Request - I did that already.

Best regards,
Ralf

margarete  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:06
German to English
+ ...
Same problem here... Dec 4, 2005

I do have the same problem as well!

Andrew D
English to German
+ ...
same here Dec 5, 2005

Hi there, and greetings Ralf,
having followed your replies that the Support Request is the right way to have a fast answer. I looked there and there is no mention of this problem at the Recent support issues yet.
So there we can ask a new Support Request, flooding the support or for us easier send a mail to the forum, where the others other see it.
Some Staff will fall over it sooner or later and take care of it.

Greetings Andrew

Germany
English to German
+ ...
That's why I mentioned my Support Request Dec 5, 2005

Hi Andrew,
having followed your replies that the Support Request is the right way to have a fast answer. I looked there and there is no mention of this problem at the Recent support issues yet.

Which is not really surprising, as the problem occurred over the weekend - the ProZ.com team are working long hours, but even they deserve a break sometimes...

So there we can ask a new Support Request, flooding the support or for us easier send a mail to the forum, where the others other see it.

In this case, there's no need to 'flood' Support - that's exactly why I mentioned that I had already submitted a Support Request.

Of course you can post in this forum, indicating that you have the same problem - however, there were several separate threads posted in various forum areas over the weekend.

Best regards,
Ralf

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Fixed Dec 6, 2005

Thanks to Andrew at ProZ.com for repairing it!

Best regards,
Ralf

Andrew D
English to German
+ ...
Yeah, thats good Dec 7, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Thanks to Andrew at ProZ.com for repairing it!

Best regards,
Ralf

Thanks Ralf and Andrew for repairing the problem,

and lucky me to have such a knowledgeable namesake in your technical staff.

Btw. if you have to work the whole weekend it just seems longer, than you have the feeling the problem had been around for longer.

Thanks, Andrew

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bug in Web Term Search

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs