https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_bugs/492-%5Canswer_selected%5C_email_doesn%5Ct_give_answer_selected.html

\"Answer selected\" email doesn\'t give answer selected!
Thread poster: Buzzy
Buzzy
Buzzy
Local time: 07:11
French to English
Nov 6, 2001

The message that tells you which answer was chosen to a question you responded to is a great idea. Only one problem... when these messages reach my computer, at least, they don\'t actually tell me the answer that was selected, just repeat the term the asker wanted translating! For example:

\"You proposed a translation for the KudoZ

question:

en l\'état

You suggested: as they currently stand/stood

The
... See more
The message that tells you which answer was chosen to a question you responded to is a great idea. Only one problem... when these messages reach my computer, at least, they don\'t actually tell me the answer that was selected, just repeat the term the asker wanted translating! For example:

\"You proposed a translation for the KudoZ

question:

en l\'état

You suggested: as they currently stand/stood

The asker has awarded points to another

answer. That answer:

en l\'état\"

This happens every time, leaving me none the wiser. Of course, it doesn\'t take long to go back to the question, but can the \"answer selected\" message be fixed please? Or can you tell me what I should do at this end to fix it? Thanks.
Collapse

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:11
German to English
+ ...
Good idea! Nov 6, 2001

I\'d noticed that too! So I assume the problem isn\'t at your end.

If this problem does get fixed, would it be possible to also incorporate the ansker\'s feedback in the e-mail as well.

So you get:

You proposed a translation for the KudoZ

question:

doof

You suggested: stupid

answer. That answer:

... See more
I\'d noticed that too! So I assume the problem isn\'t at your end.

If this problem does get fixed, would it be possible to also incorporate the ansker\'s feedback in the e-mail as well.

So you get:

You proposed a translation for the KudoZ

question:

doof

You suggested: stupid

answer. That answer:

daft

The asker said:

Thank you

To review, go to:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=h&id=xxxxx

This could actually reduce site traffic, as people would not have to go back to the site to find out what, if anything, the asker said.

Regards

Mary
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 01:11
SITE FOUNDER
Good ideas. Nov 6, 2001

Thanks, Buzzy, thanks Mary, for the good suggestions. I have made the improvements.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

\"Answer selected\" email doesn\'t give answer selected!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »