Rowan Morrell
Rowan Morrell  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 16:34
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 27, 2002

I have been reading about the recent KudoZ problems, and like many of you, I have been experiencing frustrations with pages taking ages to load etc.

This morning however, a new bug surfaced that I hadn\'t come across before. I received a bunch of \"Congratulations!\" and \"Answer selected\" e-mails for the same question! Two of the Congrats messages said that I\'d earned 2 points and the other said I had got 1. Then there were four \"Answer selected\" messages, which were id
... See more
I have been reading about the recent KudoZ problems, and like many of you, I have been experiencing frustrations with pages taking ages to load etc.

This morning however, a new bug surfaced that I hadn\'t come across before. I received a bunch of \"Congratulations!\" and \"Answer selected\" e-mails for the same question! Two of the Congrats messages said that I\'d earned 2 points and the other said I had got 1. Then there were four \"Answer selected\" messages, which were identical.

I checked the question, and in fact no answer has yet been chosen. To date my answer is the only one there (with lots of \"agrees\"). It was in the French-English pair.

Other \"Congratulations!\" and \"Answer selected\" messages (in Spanish-English and French-English) were all in order. It was just this one question that I got all these \"phantom\" messages for.

Has anyone else received \"Congratulations!\" and/or \"Answer selected\" messages for questions where no answer has yet been chosen?

It is only today that I have noticed this problem. Never had it happen before, so it must be a new bug, but probably related to the other problems that the ProZ database server seems to be having at the moment.

Best Regards

ROWAN MORRELL

(WriteWord Translations)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Phantom KudoZ Messages

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »