Multiple KudoZ Notifications (of same Q)
Thread poster: KathyT
KathyT
KathyT  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 01:52
Japanese to English
Sep 1, 2006

OK....is this just me?

I'm receiving multiple notifications of the exact same KudoZ question, at the rate of 1 per minute (up to 15 so far, and counting.....)

It's not that the Asker is errantly posting and re-posting the same Q, because every notification bears the same question number, but what's going on???

Oh goody! No. #16 just arrived!!

Kathy

Addendum: Someone has just posted an answer to the particular question to whi
... See more
OK....is this just me?

I'm receiving multiple notifications of the exact same KudoZ question, at the rate of 1 per minute (up to 15 so far, and counting.....)

It's not that the Asker is errantly posting and re-posting the same Q, because every notification bears the same question number, but what's going on???

Oh goody! No. #16 just arrived!!

Kathy

Addendum: Someone has just posted an answer to the particular question to which I was referring, with the time the answerer posted his response listed as " -4 mins " - does that have something to do with it, perhaps? Clocks screwed up?

[Edited at 2006-09-01 10:36]
Collapse

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:52
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I received almost 100 notifications of that KudoZ question Sep 1, 2006

I opened my email this morning and I had 107 (!!!) new messages... There were only a few reala ones, the rest (almost 100) were KudoZ notification of a Japanese-English question:
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1525480

I guess it was system glitch and I certainly hope it won't happen again...

KathyT
KathyT  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 01:52
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
That's the one!! Sep 2, 2006

Yes, Katalin. Same question.
I think there were about 80 or so in total for that one Q.
How bizarre......

Anyway, thank goodness it has finally stopped!
じゃーね!:-)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiple KudoZ Notifications (of same Q)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »