Too many specifics required in Project History
Thread poster: Tina Vonhof

Tina Vonhof  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:15
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Oct 24, 2006

I tried to add some projects to my profile with the new 'Profile Updater'. However, I found some of the required questions to be much too specific. Since I couldn't provide that information, my project was not entered.

For example, the first project I wanted to enter extended over a number of years and consisted of 14 two-inch binders of material. I don't have the hard copies and it would take me hours to look up the volume in old files, assuming that I still have them all.

Why is it necessary to indicate the exact start and end dates and the exact volume? If you have that information fine, but if you don't have it, why shouldn't you still be able to enter that project? It is my project history - it should be up to me how much specific information I want to provide, just as in my profile. If it is incomplete, that is my responsibility.

I don't know what other people's experiences are with this but would welcome your comments.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Too many specifics required in Project History

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs