Mobile menu

My KudoZ answers don\'t appear!
Thread poster: xxxjsl
xxxjsl
Local time: 13:27
English to Japanese
+ ...
Nov 1, 2002

After the recovery, I answered several questions, but none of my answers does not appear! On the front page, I can see the number of answers for each question is changing, so I guess that the system is recognizing my answers, but it will not show them.

In addition, I gave my answer for one question, changed my mind for the answer, and I hid it, as well as giving a new answer. But, for this question, that hidden answer cannot be seen to others, and it is visible. In fact, the number of answers is not \"1\", but \"2\". I guess that the system has recognized that hiding (because the hidden answer is darkened), but it cannot give a proper output, i.e., the number of answers being equal to \"1\", not \"2\".

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxjsl
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Follow-up Nov 1, 2002

For example, for KudoZ ID 301410, the front page says that the number of answers is \"3\", but, on the actual KudoZ page of this question, I cannot see any answers, though I have given two identical answers.

For KudoZ ID 301432, I have given two answers. I hid one of them, but the total number of answers on that page is \"2\", not \"1\", and that hidden answer can be seen to anyone.

I confirmed these errors from two browsers (IE 5.1.4 and iCab 2.8.2, both Mac versions), and these happen whether I log in or not.

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:27
SITE FOUNDER
The data was lost Nov 1, 2002

Daisuke,

We had a server accident and 11 hours of data were lost. Your answers are gone--please submit them again!

Sorry for the inconvenience. Moshiwake gozaimasen.

Henry

xxxjsl
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's happening now. Nov 1, 2002

The problem is happening now. I gave my answers after we can see blanks for entry, say, roughly one hour ago. My answer that I gave before the system down is still alive.

I would advise you to give a fake answer to one of the KudoZ questions, and to see whether you can get your answer. As I repeat, the number of answers on the front page changes according as answers are given, but the actual answers cannot be seen on each KudoZ question page.

Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Can you show me the question in question? Nov 1, 2002

What question ID? A URL will be fine...

xxxjsl
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
IDs Nov 1, 2002

I have provided those IDs concerned above.

xxxjsl
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ID 301410 Nov 1, 2002

For ID 301410, the number of answers on the front page is now 6, but, on the actual page (www.proz.com/kudoz/301410), I can see none.

Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
I believe this is a result of the data lost yesterday Nov 1, 2002

Looking at 301410 and 301432, I see that in the case of 301432, your answers are still on record (one visible, one hidden). As for 301410, it was asked yesterday, and the higher total is the result of the lost answers.

We are likely to have trouble later on today as traffic picks up. But for now, any answers entered seem to be sticking.

Thanks for your help!

xxxjsl
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Further Nov 1, 2002

I hate to repeat the same thing, but, for 301432, one of my answers is supposed to be hidden, but it is actually visible. When I logged out and visited this page (as a non-member), I can see both a supposed-to-be-hidden answer and my final answer.

The problem is affecting the peer grading. I got a notice that someone graded my answer, but, when I visited the page, I cannot see that grading. I can only see my answer with any graded comment.

I just hope that the system gets back as normal ASAP.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My KudoZ answers don\'t appear!

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs