Mobile menu

Kudoz points lost - can\'t we be credited? (Staff: \'Im sorry\')
Thread poster: Francesco Volpe

Francesco Volpe  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:47
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 5, 2002

Due to the server problem of last week I haven\'t received 12 kudoz points for answers given on the 30th October. I would like to know from Henry or other colleagues how to be re-accredited for these points. When I try to open the link for my answer I get a different language pair and kudoz question.

I\'d be grateful if Henry could provide a way to solve this problem.

Thanks

Direct link

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No solution Nov 5, 2002

I don\'t think there\'s a way to retrieve the questions which were lost (for details, see this thread www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic=6057&forum=23&11).

Direct link

Francesco Volpe  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No solutions? Nov 5, 2002

Even though the kudoz questions cannot be retreived any more I think it would be fare to assign the missing kudoz points if someone con provide the email notification (the Congratulations mail). I don\'t see why these must be lost forever.

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 13:47
SITE FOUNDER
It would be difficult Nov 8, 2002

KudoZ points themselves are not stored anywhere on the server. Only the KudoZ questions themselves exist; when we want a point total we count them.

Therefore, to credit the points, we would actually need to recreate the questions (and their answers). But some of the questions were only partially lost! In some cases, a question was asked, the \"winning\" answer was erased, and a new answer was proposed (and awarded kudoz points.) What to do in that case? There are other such complications. Resolving 800 such cases (30 hours worth of kudoz questions) would take weeks. And currently, we are still trying to prevent another crash.

In short, I am afraid those points are history. I apologize.

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz points lost - can\'t we be credited? (Staff: \'Im sorry\')

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs