NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 17:07
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Nov 15, 2002

I must say I am perturbed with the service I\'ve received from ProZ since becoming a pyaing member last week.

Since that time my bids are going astray. The first job I bid on as a Platinum member: At the end of the bid, we are reassured that as paying members our bids will be seen first. Well, another translator had bid before me; and I don\'t know how I managed this, it was an accidental \"frappe\" but I got a screen showing that translator\'s bid, ahead of mine, and he\'s not a payin
... See more
I must say I am perturbed with the service I\'ve received from ProZ since becoming a pyaing member last week.

Since that time my bids are going astray. The first job I bid on as a Platinum member: At the end of the bid, we are reassured that as paying members our bids will be seen first. Well, another translator had bid before me; and I don\'t know how I managed this, it was an accidental \"frappe\" but I got a screen showing that translator\'s bid, ahead of mine, and he\'s not a paying member. Never mind that I never heard from the outsourcer, even though the other person\'s rates were higher than mine; perhaps he was the preferred candidate. But I can\'t help thinking there\' something rotten in the state of Denmark...

And that was my last conventional bid! Ever since then, any bid I attempt gets a connection time-out. I\'ve sent my bids via e-mail when possible, but that is not the system, is it? I certainly lose my \"priority\" place in the list of bidders by going about it that way, and perhaps even annoying the outsourcers because I\'m not playing by the rules.

So what gives?

And also: why is it that I\'m not receiving job posts anymore? I check the job offer list several times per day in order to make these unconventional bids.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:07
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Nov 15, 2002

Hi Nancy,

Have you submitted a Support Request describing these phenomena (preferably with the URL of the job where this happened)?

Odette Grille (X)
Odette Grille (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
same problem Nov 15, 2002

Also, the links to the job postings are so slow... Is the software overcrowded ?

The problem is with all postings and answers to kudoz. It is frustrrating. I have deleted all questions today because I don\'t have the time to wait.

Odette Grille-Burgo

Odette Grille (X)
Odette Grille (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
same problem Nov 15, 2002

Also, the links to the job postings are so slow... Is the software overcrowded ?

The problem is with all postings and answers to kudoz. It is frustrrating. I have deleted all questions today because I don\'t have the time to wait.

Odette Grille-Burgo

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Yes, Ralf, Nov 15, 2002

I have submitted a request for support on this subject, with a link to this forum. As for the job in question, it was closed, and rightnow I haven\'t time to fool around with trying to figure it out! Maybe late tonight... NB

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 23:07
German to Romanian
+ ...
I can't bid on jobs either and I am also a paying member Nov 19, 2002

I have the same problem. Even though I have sent out one email, this is not always possible because not all job posters specify their email address and they are not all ProZ members. Also, by not respecting the rules of the game I automatically have a lower (if not none) chance to get a job.

All other pages are working fine, but when I try to open the Submit a bid page, I wait about 10 minutes and after that, I get the error message \"The page cannot be displayed\".

My networ
... See more
I have the same problem. Even though I have sent out one email, this is not always possible because not all job posters specify their email address and they are not all ProZ members. Also, by not respecting the rules of the game I automatically have a lower (if not none) chance to get a job.

All other pages are working fine, but when I try to open the Submit a bid page, I wait about 10 minutes and after that, I get the error message \"The page cannot be displayed\".

My network connection is pretty expensive and I can\'t afford to spend 20-30 minutes trying to bid on a job. This way, it\'s more expensive to bid on jobs, than the money I would get if I win one job.
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Yesterday I was refused! Nov 21, 2002

I had a list of questions for my fellow translators on a technical job, a deadline I wished to respect and could not even access the help my translation comrades were so generously offering. I kept getting \"Connection Refused\" -- how can that be, when mymembership is paid in full???

Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:07
Russian to English
+ ...
taking an eternity Nov 21, 2002

i did manage to submit a couple of bids for jobs today... but each one took about 15 minutes. for the first one, i ended up pressing the enter button three times as it seemed like the page loading had frozen, which meant wasting a couple of hundred browniz - no huge tragedy, but extremely annoying all the same. i am not YET a paying member, but all in all this is the sort of thing that would discourage me from becoming one.

dan

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Problem not related to membership level Nov 30, 2002

We are aware of the bidding problem, it is not related to whether you are a paying member or not. This is, as someone speculated, related to changes made after the server accident 3 weeks ago. We are working on it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot bid on jobs

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »