Thread poster: Liss Myrås (X)
Liss Myrås (X)
Liss Myrås (X)  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 16:49
Danish to Norwegian
+ ...
Nov 16, 2002

1 week ago I purchased a new domain here on Proz.com. When I had completed the registration I got the message that I could edit my domain site at once, but it would not be able to be published until 36 hours later, and that was of course OK by me. But 2 days later I still could not access or edit my domain so I asked for support. The support message I got was that it was to soon to access it. Well....concidering that Proz have had som difficulties I waited another 2 days before I asked for furth... See more
1 week ago I purchased a new domain here on Proz.com. When I had completed the registration I got the message that I could edit my domain site at once, but it would not be able to be published until 36 hours later, and that was of course OK by me. But 2 days later I still could not access or edit my domain so I asked for support. The support message I got was that it was to soon to access it. Well....concidering that Proz have had som difficulties I waited another 2 days before I asked for further support and an explanation about the error:

Error: [No such file or directory] Unable to open, etc.

This did not help either,I just got a question if it was working now.

So, is any one else having similar problems?

It`s not a big issue for me to wait for access, but it would surely help to know for how long, and why this incident occures.

Is Proz still having difficulties? Perhaps there should be a \"status report site\" here on Proz where we could find solutions to temporary problems when they occure? I understand that the support staff are very busy, so am I asking for too much here?

Anyway, after all I think that Proz.com is a comprehensive and useful site, full of resources and possibilities, and I am very happy to be a part of it!)

Best regards

Liss Myrås
[addsig]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check site status - submit Support Request Nov 16, 2002

Hi Liss,

Quote:

Is Proz still having difficulties? Perhaps there should be a \"status report site\" here on Proz where we could find solutions to temporary problems when they occure? I understand that the support staff are very busy, so am I asking for too much here?

Certainly not - there is a \"site support\" page that\'s accessible via the \"Get support\" link.

Incidentally, hosting problems ... See more
Hi Liss,

Quote:

Certainly not - there is a \"site support\" page that\'s accessible via the \"Get support\" link.

Incidentally, hosting problems were identified there throughout last week.

What you can also do is submit a Support Request (same link).

HTH - Ralf

Collapse

Liss Myrås (X)
Liss Myrås (X)  Identity Verified
Sweden
Danish to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Ralf! Nov 16, 2002

I thought I had been \"ewerywhere\" on the Proz site, but obviously I have totally missed that important link.

Now I know better and will remain \"calm\"

;o) until the upgrade work is done.

Thank your for your answer Ralf!

Best regards

Liss

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

1 week anniversary of domain host error

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »