Thread poster: CBeeh
CBeeh
CBeeh  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:03
English to German
+ ...
Nov 19, 2002

Last Friday, 15/11/02, was the last time I managed to access my POP3/IMAP e-mail account that I received together with my new site hosted by ProZ.

I always get an error message \"Login err\" or something like that, even though neither my username nor my password has been changed.

With regard to this I have already sent two support requests, without any answer since Sunday. I have also checked several times the ProZ site status, but there is no information about any general pr
... See more
Last Friday, 15/11/02, was the last time I managed to access my POP3/IMAP e-mail account that I received together with my new site hosted by ProZ.

I always get an error message \"Login err\" or something like that, even though neither my username nor my password has been changed.

With regard to this I have already sent two support requests, without any answer since Sunday. I have also checked several times the ProZ site status, but there is no information about any general problem. ProZ doesn\'t allow change of password either, in order to try cheating around the problem.

I can access my homepage through http:// and ftp:// protocols, but not my e-mail account, neither through POP3 nor through IMAP.

Has anybody else experienced the same problem; if yes, did you receive technical support?

I am very unhappy about this situation, since it can mean for me to lose valuable jobs! I have given this e-mail address to several agencies that could have writtenme in the meantime without me knowing about it.

In my opinion, an e-mail provider should not be allowed to interrupt a paid service for more than 24 hours. At least I would expect a general notice on the ProZsite status, if there is no time to answer my support requests.

What do others think about his situation?

Thank you for your input!
Collapse

CBeeh
CBeeh  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
E-Mail suddenly works again... Nov 19, 2002

This is to report that my e-mail suddenly works again, after confirmed four days of outage. Still no feedback to my support requests, though.

I still would be grateful for input if others have experienced a similar problem with ProZ\'s new service.

Thank you, Christoph

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
We had an outage. Nov 30, 2002

The server we use to host domains was overloaded. We are taking steps to make hosting more reliable in the future. In the meantime, please treat the ProZ.com hosting solution as an inexpensive complement to your other hosting solutions. You might want to avoid using your ProZ.com-hosted email for receiving files from clients, etc.

CBeeh
CBeeh  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Communications should be improved. Nov 30, 2002

Thank you for the feedback, Henry!

I confess I didn\'t feel very \"Premium\" in this process.

It was only today, after twelve days (!), that I received an answer to my support request (\"preferential treatment\"?).

There was no communication at all with regard to the outage during these four days.

At least I would have expected a note in the \"system status\" information, if not a short support answer within a few days.

Truly a disappo
... See more
Thank you for the feedback, Henry!

I confess I didn\'t feel very \"Premium\" in this process.

It was only today, after twelve days (!), that I received an answer to my support request (\"preferential treatment\"?).

There was no communication at all with regard to the outage during these four days.

At least I would have expected a note in the \"system status\" information, if not a short support answer within a few days.

Truly a disappointing experience...

Hope there will be less problems in the future. I understand that the growth of ProZ members and users has created some hardware problems, including temporary outing of the system, inability to access, erraneous messages, etc. Surely you are making efforts to increase stability of your services.

Best regards,

Christoph
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ E-Mail refuses access upon login: three days or more without e-mail

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »