Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:49
English to French
+ ...
Jan 30, 2007

Dear fellow translators,

I have just realized that, after years of being unchanged, the order of appearance of my language pairs in my profile has changed without me being aware. This is probably duw to the fact that there is a new gadget in our profiles (ar least, this is the first I saw it) for editing language pairs.

In my case, my first language pair is EN>FR and my second is FR>EN, but they were switched around in my profile. It seems like a very minor problem, but
... See more
Dear fellow translators,

I have just realized that, after years of being unchanged, the order of appearance of my language pairs in my profile has changed without me being aware. This is probably duw to the fact that there is a new gadget in our profiles (ar least, this is the first I saw it) for editing language pairs.

In my case, my first language pair is EN>FR and my second is FR>EN, but they were switched around in my profile. It seems like a very minor problem, but it can cause problems. When an oursourcer is looking for someone in the directory, s/he can specify whether the language pair they are looking for should appear as the first language pair in the resulting profiles. Now, 95% of my work is EN>FR, but since that was not the first pair displayed in my profile, I probably didn't appear at all in a few directory searches when indeed I should have. Maybe I missed out on some occasions...

So, the purpose of my post is to let you know that your language pairs may not display correctly and that it is important to check them. I corrected the problem in my profile, which was actually very easy and, by the way, I like the new language pair editing interface. Thanks!

All the best!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Order of appearance of language pairs in profile

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »