Email notications coming late (staff: \'we are working on this problem\')
Thread poster: Endre Both
Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:12
English to German
Dec 12, 2002

My last Kudoz notification has the timestamp 12 Dec 12:27.

Any ideas why? The site status board is silent...

Thanks,

Endre

EB Communications

Susanne Rosenberg
Susanne Rosenberg  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
Danish to German
+ ...
Delayed e-mail notification Dec 13, 2002

I do get notifications per e-mail, but only occassionally and sometimes (not always!) with great delays (up to +24 hours). Some questions are completely left out, although my settings are OK.

Does this still have to do with the hardware problems that were dealt with a few weeks ago?

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 23:12
SITE STAFF
Email Problems Dec 13, 2002

Between 13:00 and 23:30 GMT on Dec. 12, 2002, many users did not receive email notifications. This was due to a temporary work-around that was supposed to improve email performance while we worked on the new mail system. Obviously, that backfired.

Beginning Friday, Dec. 13 at 17:00 GMT we will be rolling out the first stage of our new mail system. This should begin to resolve the various mail problems that have been plaguing us for so long.

I ap
... See more
Between 13:00 and 23:30 GMT on Dec. 12, 2002, many users did not receive email notifications. This was due to a temporary work-around that was supposed to improve email performance while we worked on the new mail system. Obviously, that backfired.

Beginning Friday, Dec. 13 at 17:00 GMT we will be rolling out the first stage of our new mail system. This should begin to resolve the various mail problems that have been plaguing us for so long.

I apologize for any inconvenience this email outage has caused.

jg
Collapse

Alex Volovodenko
Alex Volovodenko  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:12
English to Russian
+ ...
And no request to grade answers to my questions. Dec 14, 2002

I have forgotten to grade answers for my last two questions, and I got no notification.

2GT
2GT  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
When email arrives the bidding has already been closed... Dec 16, 2002

More and more frequently, in recent times, I have noticed that when I receive the notification for a new job, the bidding is already closed.

Are there time delays for non premium members?

Thanks a lot

Gianni

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
I've also had this problem... Dec 16, 2002

...for several weeks now. And then when the notification finally comes, the questions have already been closed.

Reasons to be cheerful?

Ciao,

Cilian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Email notications coming late (staff: \'we are working on this problem\')

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »