Offline version of the pages appear while being online
Thread poster: Elvira Stoianov

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 23:34
German to Romanian
+ ...
Dec 20, 2002

Today I have tried to access the KudoZ pages from the menu and although I have received a notification of new KudoZ questions, these do not appear in the main KudoZ page, but I can access them through the links from the email. The same applies to the job page. I realized that an offline version of the page was uploaded because the KudoZ points on the left-hand side of the page were not updated and they are different for all the pages I am trying to view. I have checked and I am definitely online, so why do only offline versions of the pages appear? Does anyone have the same problem?

I also received an email notification of a peer comment, and when I try to review the question I only get the version I viewed this morning, but the peer comment of the person does not appear, so I am getting an offline version of this page, too.

[ This Message was edited by:on2002-12-20 10:50]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Sounds like you had a problem with your web connection... Dec 20, 2002

...and your browser switched to \"offline\", which means that available pages are drawn from the cache memory. In MSIE, there should be an item in the \"File\" menu to switch back to \"online\".

Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You might be right Dec 20, 2002

If I go to File, there is a menu entry \"Work offline\", but I don\'t know how to switch it to online (I don\'t even know how it was switched to offline).

Well, I just clicked on the menu item and then it was hooked, which means that I am currently working online. It seems that there is only a problem with the pages I have already viewed, since I can post topics, etc. which I obviously couldn\'t do offline.

[ This Message was edited by:on2002-12-20 12:18]

Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have even cleared my history of visited web pages Dec 20, 2002

so theoratically I should not be able to see any of the sites I have visited before. But even so, I still get the same pages that I have seen last this morning and I can\'t see nothing new. HELP!!!!!!!!! Now I can\'t even see my second posting in this thread, because I only get the page I have opened after Ralf answered.

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
I can confirm that there IS a problem on Proz side somehow Dec 20, 2002

Ralf,

I can confirm that there is a problem. I am encountering similar behavior at my end (never had this before - and I\'m on here several times per day).

I just tried replying to a Trados question, and after I posted, I could see my post.

I decided to edit my reply to add a tiny bit of information - once I hit *submit*, I was brought to the screen where you can click to see your updated entry (so as usual I checked to make sure my posting was to my liking).

When the system brought me back to the forum ->>> my post had totally dissapeared from my screen!

I even hit reload to no avail (I am online - no questions there)

So I went back to the main page, reloaded pages etc... no can do.

I back-tracked using my browswer history and found my post again, edited it again and when I came back to check:

My post was showing on the forum TWICE in a row (and edited both times!!!!) - and you thought the story is over... (LOL):

I tried to remove one of my postings - came back to check - and I no longer see ANY of my entries - just the original question by asker who is having a Trados problem.

This has never happened to me before - there is a problem but it is not at the users\' end...

Can you guys look into this? Pretty please (with a cherry on top)

Much appreciated

Nath

English to French
+ ...
And here is the thread that I tried to answer... Dec 20, 2002

I went back and I cannot see my post(s) at all...

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic=7231&forum=1

Help Ralf!!!!!!!

Nath (one of the damsels in distress!)

JCEC  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:34
English to French
Don't panic! Dec 20, 2002

Nothing is lost.

There is a page refresh problem with ProZ itself which appeared last night and has plagued the system ever since. You should be able to see your post or new questions by manually reloading the page. Of course, this is only a stop-gap measure since you may not be aware of the fact that you are missing something...

Have patience with ProZ staff, they know about the problem and are working hard at fixing it!

John

[ This Message was edited by:on2002-12-20 22:34]

Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Manual refresh doesn't work Dec 20, 2002

Not in my case, anyway.

English to French
+ ...
Manual refresh does not work for me either Dec 21, 2002

Just wanted to let you know John...

Manual refresh does not work for me either.

But thank you for being here for us

Nath

Jason Grimes
Local time: 17:34
SITE STAFF
Accidental Caching Dec 21, 2002

We upgraded apache and php on some of our web servers last night. The new servers were unintentionally sending Cache-Control headers directing browsers to cache pages for a long period of time. This problem should be repaired now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Offline version of the pages appear while being online

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs