Mobile menu

Pages cached strongly; I can not see what I have just posted (staff: fixed)
Thread poster: Jane Lamb-Ruiz
Jane Lamb-Ruiz  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Dec 20, 2002

When I answer a translation question and later return, I find my answer has not posted. I then answer again, return to question page and find that TWO answers are now there. Anybody have any ideas on this?

Thanx

Direct link Reply with quote

JCEC  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:17
English to French
Refresh Problem Dec 20, 2002

Jane,

The problem has already been reported to ProZ Staff. It seems linked to a display refresh of ProZ pages which appeared last night. You will probably find that the problem corrects itself when you manually refresh the current page. It is still a nuisance however since you may not know that the page needs refreshing.

John

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 03:17
German to Romanian
+ ...
John, it doesn't help Dec 20, 2002

I have tried to refresh manually several times, but it didn\'t work for several hours. It seems that now things are back on track.

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
John, it doesn't help Dec 20, 2002

I have tried to refresh manually several times, but it didn\'t work for several hours. It seems that now things are back on track.

JCEC  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
There was another problem Dec 20, 2002

Elvira,

In addition to the display problem, ProZ was shut down for a while hence the failure of manual refresh. It is now back on line but you may need to force a refresh until the problem is totally resolved.

John

[ This Message was edited by:on2002-12-20 23:46]

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Henry is on it... Dec 20, 2002

I\'ve talked to him about it...

Nath

Bilal
English to Arabic
+ ...
it is happening to me as well. Dec 21, 2002

This happened to me several times tonight. I had to switch off the page, when i came back all my answres were there. it is a nuissance when you find that you have entered one answer several times. i had to hide the repeated ones...

swisstell
Italy
German to English
+ ...
Henry and his Crew are on to it Dec 21, 2002

as by now lots of us have made him aware of the same problem. (I also noticed that my total Kudoz points were going back and forth, once the total as of yesterday, then the new total, than again the old total.)

Lots of problems to be solved but with Christmas coming up and probably a bit less translators\' traffic, this may be helpful to getting things back on track.

Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
We believe we have solved this problem. Dec 21, 2002

Does anyone still see symptoms of this bug? Bear in mind that you may still have cached page; to override previously cached pages, hold down the SHIFT key while clicking your browser\'s refresh button.

Thanks for your help.

English to French
+ ...
Let me test it right now... Dec 21, 2002

Testing (writing note ok)

Editing note... and being able to see it afterwards? YES IT WORKS!!!! (Yippeeee!)

Thank you very much Henry!!!

Nath

[ This Message was edited by:on2002-12-21 20:22]

English to French
+ ...
However.... Henry, another question if you look at my edited poste above Dec 21, 2002

Henry,

Why does the system automatically insert a \"line break symbol, b-r\" (I tried to type the real code here but the system does not show it so forgive me) in front of each line if I go and edit my post a second time (not once though, just when you edit \"twice\").

Once can be normal, but I went back TWICE to edit the post and I noticed that at the begining of each line, there was a double \"line break code\" showing, and see what happens in my post above:

The lines are very spread out, I did not do this spacing manually (between lines).

This never used to happen before the new colors/layout in the forums btw...

Just wondering if this can also be fixed.

Many thanks again Henry

Nath

[ This Message was edited by:on2002-12-21 20:29]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pages cached strongly; I can not see what I have just posted (staff: fixed)

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs