awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:35
Italian to English
+ ...
Jan 21, 2003

Dear All,

I\'m wondering whether anyone else has this problem too. I put in a support request a while ago but nothing has happened yet.

When I look at a standard KudoZ question page I have no option on that page to post a note to the asker. The only way I can do this is via e-mail if they have a profile, via the \"propose an answer\" option or by adding an agree/neutral/disagree note to an answer - which is pointless if I need more information to be able to answer
... See more
Dear All,

I\'m wondering whether anyone else has this problem too. I put in a support request a while ago but nothing has happened yet.

When I look at a standard KudoZ question page I have no option on that page to post a note to the asker. The only way I can do this is via e-mail if they have a profile, via the \"propose an answer\" option or by adding an agree/neutral/disagree note to an answer - which is pointless if I need more information to be able to answer the question.

No, I\'m not going mad - I thought that there might be some hidden icon or special way of getting a note to the asker, so I asked several ProZ but the answer was always the same - \"use the \"post note to asker\" option\". Aaagh! It just isn\'t there! Am I the only one.....?

Many thanks,

Amy

Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:35
English to German
+ ...
Er... but there is...? Jan 21, 2003

Have a look at a KudoZ question (any question). In the lower part of the box containing the question, you should see this:

\"Not enough context? Request more info from asker\"

The second part is a link that allows you to post a short message, e.g. to ask for more specific context. This will trigger an e-mail to the asker.

HTH - best regards, Ralf

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Er..no there isn't..:) Jan 21, 2003

Dear Ralf,

I knew someone would say that! It isn\'t there.

I have the following in my box: take \"Fr>En \'peigne vert\'\" for example:

KUDOZ: EASY [menu] [faqs]

peigne vert

En fait, aucune autre île méditerranéenne n’est aussi verte que la Corse. Vert des forêts de châtaigniers, peigne vert des immenses pins laricio centenaires dans le ciel d’Aïtone.<
... See more
Dear Ralf,

I knew someone would say that! It isn\'t there.

I have the following in my box: take \"Fr>En \'peigne vert\'\" for example:

KUDOZ: EASY [menu] [faqs]

peigne vert

En fait, aucune autre île méditerranéenne n’est aussi verte que la Corse. Vert des forêts de châtaigniers, peigne vert des immenses pins laricio centenaires dans le ciel d’Aïtone.

Nature tourism

Asker: Myles

Jan 21 1:32pm

and that\'s it.

Hope you received my e-mail.

All the best,

Amy
Collapse

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
I can see it on that question Jan 21, 2003

Hi Amy & Ralf,

I just wanted to say that I had a peek at the particular Kudoz question (peigne vert), and I see:

Not enough context?

Request more info from asker

just under the name of the asker/time, in the center of the question area...

So, there must be some kind of glitch related to Amy\'s profile (I wonder - Ralf, what do you think?).

I hope this can help you figure out what\'s
... See more
Hi Amy & Ralf,

I just wanted to say that I had a peek at the particular Kudoz question (peigne vert), and I see:

Not enough context?

Request more info from asker

just under the name of the asker/time, in the center of the question area...

So, there must be some kind of glitch related to Amy\'s profile (I wonder - Ralf, what do you think?).

I hope this can help you figure out what\'s wrong with Amy\'s inability to view the Kudoz questions properly.

Kind regards,

Nathalie

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-01-21 19:27]
Collapse

Tey Lyn (X)
Tey Lyn (X)
English to German
+ ...
cannot see the ask-a-question thing either Jan 22, 2003

Hi,

I\'ve actually pondered exactly the same thing and I never see the possibility to ask the asker a question, either.

could this be a feature available only for platinums????

regards

- Inge

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Certain number of KudoZ ... Jan 22, 2003

The \'Not enough context?\' option pops up when you pass a certain number of KudoZ, although I can\'t remember exactly how many now! (100? 500?). I can remember being equally puzzled at the fact that other people could do it and I couldn\'t when I started out !

Maybe somebody out there will know how many points you need!

Regards

Mary

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hallelujah - it works. Jan 22, 2003

Thank you all for your posts.

It works! I can at last ask for more context.

Quite why having more KudoZ points should entitle you to ask for more context I\'m not sure, but the option now exists.

All the best,

Amy

Tey Lyn (X)
Tey Lyn (X)
English to German
+ ...
what did you do to make it work? I still cannot see it? Jan 22, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-01-22 15:31, awilliams wrote:

Thank you all for your posts.

It works! I can at last ask for more context.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No \"ask asker a question\" option on KudoZ pages

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »