Thread poster: Sven Petersson
Sven Petersson
Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:52
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 14, 2007

IE7 reports 'dangerous items' when one tries to log in on proz.com.

PC-cillin 2008 beta does, when used in conjunction with IE7, block proz.com totally.

Yes, I know that these inconveniences easily can be avoided by using a proper browser, like Firefox or Opera, but the purchasers of translation services don't. They use IE7, and some 10% of them use PC-cillin 2007 today and will probably use PC-ci
... See more
IE7 reports 'dangerous items' when one tries to log in on proz.com.

PC-cillin 2008 beta does, when used in conjunction with IE7, block proz.com totally.

Yes, I know that these inconveniences easily can be avoided by using a proper browser, like Firefox or Opera, but the purchasers of translation services don't. They use IE7, and some 10% of them use PC-cillin 2007 today and will probably use PC-cillin 2008 next year.

Since 89% of my new business during the last 12 months came from direct enquiries from agencies that had found me on proz.com I can but expect a decrease in new business of more than 10% next year.

I have reported these problems to proz.com, Micro$oft and Trend Micro, but no corrective action has been taken by either party, nor has any of them expressed any interest in solving the problem.

Does anybody have any constructive ideas about how to encourage proz.com, Micro$oft and/or Trend Micro to deal with these problems?
Collapse

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 09:52
English
Staff will look into the issue Aug 15, 2007

Hi Sven,

Staff will obtain a copy of PC-cillin 2008 and try to find what is causing the problem.

Thanks for reporting this, I'll reply back here when we've found something.

Best regards,
Justin

Andrew
Andrew
United States
English
Verified Aug 15, 2007

Hello Sven,

Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention.

I've installed a version of PC-cillin beta and confirmed that it blocked our site in both IE7 and Firefox. I spoke with Trend Micro support and they will be getting back to me soon with more information.

I was looking at the 'parental controls' log of PC-cillin's 'Main Console' while trying to open www.proz.com
... See more
Hello Sven,

Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention.

I've installed a version of PC-cillin beta and confirmed that it blocked our site in both IE7 and Firefox. I spoke with Trend Micro support and they will be getting back to me soon with more information.

I was looking at the 'parental controls' log of PC-cillin's 'Main Console' while trying to open www.proz.com and saw that we are blocked because we have job postings. I tested other job listing sites such as www.monster.com, hotjobs.yahoo.com, and www.careerbuilder.com only to find that these sites are also blocked.

Hopefully we can get this cleared up. Personally, I am not pleased to see a company like Trend Micro telling countless internet users that www.proz.com is undesirable.

Regards,
Andrew
Collapse

Sven Petersson
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Download Aug 16, 2007

PC-cillin 2008 beta may be downloaded from:

http://betadownload.trendmicro.com/TIS_2008/Beta_Package_1237_S3.zip

Sven Petersson
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trend Micro has reacted Aug 17, 2007

Trend Micro has a few minutes ago written the following in an email to me:

"As for the issue in blocking proz.com, this will also be fixed in by the next build so you need not worry when the product comes out."

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is proz.com really a DANGEROUS SITE?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »