multi users in one computer
Thread poster: marti-ltd
marti-ltd
Local time: 15:11
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 14, 2001

Hello,

I use this computer with another friend of mine. He is a member of ProZ too. Once he logs in, I cannot log in with my user name. Does anybody know a solution to this?

(For example the name showing on the message will be his, not mine now)

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 08:11
SITE FOUNDER
Jun 14, 2001

Close all browser windows completely and then reopen. The login information is not stored in cookies, but in the browser\'s short-term memory.

Direct link

Fevziye Gündoğdu
Local time: 15:11
Turkish to English
+ ...
Jun 15, 2001

THanks. I am the one using the computer with Dogan and to write that message. I was closing the browser connected to ProZ only. Now it worked.

deniz

Direct link

xxxeurotransl
German to English
+ ...
Jun 15, 2001

Would it be possible to include a \"log in/log out\" feature?. It would probably be easier than closing and restarting one\'s browser.

Then again, it may not be economical for ProZ to program such a feature - I don\'t think there are too many members out there that have to switch between user names or share their computers with other members.

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 08:11
SITE FOUNDER
Jun 24, 2001

We have avoided using Cookies. Without them, it is difficult to add a logout feature.

Sorry for the inconvenience of having to close the browser to change users!

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

multi users in one computer

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs