multi users in one computer
Thread poster: marti-ltd
marti-ltd
Local time: 02:14
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 14, 2001

Hello,

I use this computer with another friend of mine. He is a member of ProZ too. Once he logs in, I cannot log in with my user name. Does anybody know a solution to this?

(For example the name showing on the message will be his, not mine now)

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 18:14
SITE FOUNDER
Jun 14, 2001

Close all browser windows completely and then reopen. The login information is not stored in cookies, but in the browser\'s short-term memory.

Direct link

Fevziye Gündoğdu
Local time: 02:14
Turkish to English
+ ...
Jun 15, 2001

THanks. I am the one using the computer with Dogan and to write that message. I was closing the browser connected to ProZ only. Now it worked.

deniz

Direct link

xxxeurotransl
German to English
+ ...
Jun 15, 2001

Would it be possible to include a \"log in/log out\" feature?. It would probably be easier than closing and restarting one\'s browser.

Then again, it may not be economical for ProZ to program such a feature - I don\'t think there are too many members out there that have to switch between user names or share their computers with other members.

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 18:14
SITE FOUNDER
Jun 24, 2001

We have avoided using Cookies. Without them, it is difficult to add a logout feature.

Sorry for the inconvenience of having to close the browser to change users!

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

multi users in one computer

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs