Missed opportunities
Thread poster: Roddy Tannahill

Roddy Tannahill  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:16
French to English
+ ...
Dec 20, 2001

I am subscribed to proz.com\'s alert services which should tell me that a job has been posted that I might be interested in. However, it seems that not all jobs are getting to my mailbox. It\'s ironic, since this has only started happening since I upgraded my membership. Does anyone else have this problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 08:16
SITE FOUNDER
check the details : job posting notifications are filtered Dec 20, 2001

ProZ.com email has been eratic at times. But in most cases, there is an explanation for why you have not received notification of a job posting. (Certainly, becoming a Platinum member would have nothing to do with the postings you receive.)

Before concluding that you should have received notification of a job posting, check:

- Is the poster looking for someone in an area other than yours?

- Does the poster require a type of software of which you have not indicated ownership?

- Does the poster require some sort of credential?

- Is the posting for a service you do not list as an offering (ie. interpreting rather than translation.)

To make sure you get all relevant postings, make sure your profile is complete and up to date.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missed opportunities

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs