asker history
Thread poster: Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:32
German to English
Dec 30, 2001

I\'ve also noticed that when selecting \"asker history\", I get me and not the asker. But after having done this, I noticed that I have a question listed as posted and non-graded (Oct 10). As I received no satisfactory answer to this question and suspected that it was a trade name, I asked for it to be closed in an orderly manner so that I could contact the client. This has apparently not happened. Please advise.

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 11:32
German to English
+ ...
This is a problem Dec 30, 2001

The \"asker history\" feature should show the actual asker\'s history, not yours. The purpose of this feature should be to show potential clients the questions that translators have asked in the past. This would give outsourcers a quick look at a) the language skills, b) the translation/research skills and c) the professional standards of a translator. It would, thus, shine a very bright light on some of the \"unnecessary\" questions posted by, supposedly, \"professional translators\".
... See more
The \"asker history\" feature should show the actual asker\'s history, not yours. The purpose of this feature should be to show potential clients the questions that translators have asked in the past. This would give outsourcers a quick look at a) the language skills, b) the translation/research skills and c) the professional standards of a translator. It would, thus, shine a very bright light on some of the \"unnecessary\" questions posted by, supposedly, \"professional translators\".

As many have already stated, the questions would be more \"telling\" than any of the KudoZ answers given.
Collapse

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
asker's history not shown - mine displayed instead Jan 7, 2002

Quote:

On 2001-12-30 23:14, AbacusTrans wrote:

The \"asker history\" feature should show the actual asker\'s history, not yours.

I like the idea behind the asker history new feature, and it would be useful to have it both in the Kudoz page and in the profile page.

However, I am currently getting my own history rather that the asker\'s; I guess it\'s a bug?

tazdog (X)
tazdog (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'm having the same problem.... Jan 8, 2002

... i.e., seeing my history instead of the asker\'s, and it would be nice if it were fixed soon. A few of the people who have no problem with answering dozens of questions in a row from the same asker might actually stop and think twice about it if they saw that many of these abusers haven\'t even bothered to grade past questions.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 11:32
SITE FOUNDER
fixed Jan 11, 2002

Sorry, I thought this had been fixed a few days ago (I think I told a few people it had been.)

Anyway, now it is fixed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

asker history

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »