Thread poster: Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
Mar 30, 2003

Hi everybody,

I\'m Erik, a German-Swedish translator and a member of the ProZ community since August 2001 (and with Platinum membership since March 2002).

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the localized site text in Swedish doesn\'t appear any longer, even if I put in \"Swedish\" in the box in the upper left corner. There is no lack of translated terms in the database (I have checked up that already), so there might be some technical problem.
... See more
Hi everybody,

I\'m Erik, a German-Swedish translator and a member of the ProZ community since August 2001 (and with Platinum membership since March 2002).

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the localized site text in Swedish doesn\'t appear any longer, even if I put in \"Swedish\" in the box in the upper left corner. There is no lack of translated terms in the database (I have checked up that already), so there might be some technical problem.

Could someone please check this up?

Best regards,

Erik

Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 19:22
SITE STAFF
Swedish localization deliberately disabled Mar 31, 2003

Erik,

The Swedish localization of ProZ.com has been deliberately disabled due to poor quality and inconsistency in the translation. Sorry if this causes you any inconvenience.

Regards,

jg

Erik Hansson
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution to localization problem? Apr 2, 2003

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply and your information.

Well, what\'s the solution to this problem? Do you have plans to correct the bad Swedish translation? Or maybe it\'s possible to reset the complete Swedish database and start from scratch again?

Thanks.

Regards,

Erik

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
New localization project in the pipeline Apr 3, 2003

Erik,

In the next couple of months we\'ll be starting a new ProZ.com localization project that will hopefully address some of the difficulties that we encountered in our previous attempt. Thanks for your interest in the undertaking -- perhaps you\'ll be interested in volunteering when the time comes!

Regards,

jg

Dyran Altenburg (X)
Dyran Altenburg (X)  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks... Apr 3, 2003

...for putting the Spanish version out of its misery too.

Erik Hansson
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jason Apr 25, 2003

..for your information.

I would indeed be interested in participating in any future localization.

Best regards,

Erik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Localized site text (Swedish) does not appear

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »