Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 02:56
English to German
+ ...
May 12, 2004

Hello all!
You all know our popular Menu " Directory", where one could search for freelancers, agencies, and teams etc., and upon reaching a choice one could send an intimation or a collaboration proposal to 100 listed members. I hope I understand it right, at least next to the text you see a boxed text saying "you can now send a message to 100 members", which was exactly what I did, Upon which I was contacted by a moderator one Mr. G.M informing me that I am misusing or violating the site
... See more
Hello all!
You all know our popular Menu " Directory", where one could search for freelancers, agencies, and teams etc., and upon reaching a choice one could send an intimation or a collaboration proposal to 100 listed members. I hope I understand it right, at least next to the text you see a boxed text saying "you can now send a message to 100 members", which was exactly what I did, Upon which I was contacted by a moderator one Mr. G.M informing me that I am misusing or violating the site-rules, which I honestly didn´t know. I just sent out a message. After a while I had recd a mail informing me that I have no access to this area temporarily, unless I agree personally (Mr. G.M ) that I comply with the site rules and that I am allowed to contact the members as per 1-to-1 ratio only. Now I am so confused that I feel totally noodled in and am in a dilemma. I mean if I cannot make use of this facility, what is it doing there? secondly despite having agreed to comply with the rules as demanded by the Moderator G.M, my access to this area is still blocked. Is it happening to me alone or to the others as well. I have tried to report this to other moderators, but to face the wall " temporarily you have no access to this area"

Help!!
brandis

[Edited at 2004-05-12 21:01]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Did you ask Gianfranco? May 12, 2004

Brandis,
If you're mentioning "GM", you might as well refer to Gianfranco by name, or not mention his name at all.

A link to the Rules for Sending Messages via Profiles is displayed in red on the screen where you enter the message. Here are the rules:

Messages sent via profile messages may not include:
* advertising of any product or service, including one's own translation services
* offensive or personal remarks

Failure to observe these regulations may result in the removal of your right to use profile messaging, or your removal from the site altogether (without regard to your membership status.)

Note that when you send an email via a profile page, your email address and IP address will be disclosed to the recipient.

Hope that clarifies it - if not, may I suggest to contact Gianfranco directly, and ask him.

Regards, Ralf

[Edited at 2004-05-12 21:05]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
you are very right May 12, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Brandis,
If you're mentioning "GM", you might as well refer to Gianfranco by name, or not mention his name at all.

A link to the Rules for Sending Messages via Profiles is displayed in red on the screen where you enter the message. Here are the rules:

* advertising of any product or service, including one's own translation services

Failure to observe these regulations may result in the removal of your right to use profile messaging, or your removal from the site altogether (without regard to your membership status.)

Note that when you send an email via a profile page, your email address and IP address will be disclosed to the recipient.

Hope that clarifies it - if not, may I suggest to contact Gianfranco directly, and ask him.

Regards, Ralf

yes, it was Gianfranca Manco, I had,infact after receiving the second mail, agree to comply with the site rules. But the blokade is still there and I cannot even contact a moderator. So I cannot reach him
Brandis

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
but for some reason I do not see these rules May 12, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Brandis,

Regards, Ralf

Hi!Ralf, but for some reason I do not see these rules. Just now I have tried to reach a friend of mine living in Costa Rica, to face the same wall and I do not see these rules. Is something wrong.
Regards,
Brandis

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:56
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
We have discussed the matter already May 12, 2004

Brandis wrote:
yes, it was Gianfranca Manco, I had,infact after receiving the second mail, agree to comply with the site rules. But the blokade is still there and I cannot even contact a moderator. So I cannot reach him

Dear Brandis,
we have been corresponding yesterday, you and I, with a very close exchange of emails. You know very well how to reach me, and you did it, four times yesterday, and you received four immediate answers.

I did explain to you, in detail, where to find the rules for using Group Mail (the rules that you declare to not see), I did copy them to you, and answered to the same objections that you have reiterated here.

I did ask you, politely but firmly, to state that you had understood the rules and formally accepted them to have the block from using Group Mail lifted immediately.

I never received that assurance from you. I'm still waiting.

Regards,
Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team

PS: this thread is not Off-Topic.
I'm moving it to the ProZ.com Directory forum, where it belongs.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
well I did, didn´t save the communication copy though May 12, 2004

Gianfranco Manca wrote:

Brandis wrote:

Dear Brandis,
we have been corresponding yesterday, you and I, with a very close exchange of emails.
You know how to reach me, and you did, 4 times, and you received 4 immediate answers.

I did explain to you, in detail, where to find the rules for using Group Mail (that you missed), I did answer to the same objections that you have reiterated here.

I also asked to you to state that you had understood the rules and formally accepted them for the block to be immediately lifted.

I never received that ensurance from you.
I'm still waiting.

Regards,
Gianfranco
Hi! Manco
well I did, didn´t save the communication copy though. I really did agree not to use this facility to offer my services. I shall probably be using it to send greetings or similar. We are in an off-topic area, and the last time I have heard Manco was in a clint eastwood´s movie. ( was a joke,not meant personally)
Best Regards,
Bandi

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:56
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
General explanation about Group Mail May 12, 2004

I would take this chance to explain, following Bandi's posting, how to use and how NOT to use the Group Mail facility.

When you open the page to send a message to other ProZ.com members you can see a message saying:

NOTE: Do not use this form to advertise your services
When you use this page, you accept the rules for profile messages

The unerlined words are a link, that takes to the text already provided by Ralf above.

Rules for Sending Messages via Profiles

The intended for this feature is to allow outsourcers to send messages to all potential interested translators, to offer work, not to solicit work.

The facility is also provided for any other reasonable reasons, to allow ProZ.com members to establish or maintain contacts, not to be sent mass emails or, at the receiving end, to be pestered daily with large numbers of unwanted offers of services.

The feature is also designed in such a way that each member can be contacted without having his/her email address revealed.

It is therefore a means of be contacted maintaining online privacy, so that is not necessary to publish an email address in public, bouud to be harvested or misused.

I hope this clarifies better the matter.

Regards,
Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you for the wonderful explanation May 12, 2004

Gianfranco Manca wrote:

I would take this chance to explain, following Bandi's posting, how to use and how NOT to use the Group Mail facility.

When you open the page to send a message to other ProZ.com members you can see a message saying:

NOTE: Do not use this form to advertise your services
When you use this page, you accept the rules for profile messages

The unerlined words are a link, that takes to the text already provided by Ralf above.

Rules for Sending Messages via Profiles

The intended for this feature is to allow outsourcers to send messages to all potential interested translators, to offer work, not to solicit work.

The facility is also provided for any other reasonable reasons, to allow ProZ.com members to establish or maintain contacts, not to be sent mass emails or, at the receiving end, to be pestered daily with large numbers of unwanted offers of services.

The feature is also designed in such a way that each member can be contacted without having his/her email address revealed.

It is therefore a means of be contacted maintaining online privacy, so that is not necessary to publish an email address in public, bouud to be harvested or misused.

I hope this clarifies better the matter.

Regards,
Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team
Hi! thank you for the wonderful explanation, I shall watch over.
Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who has the bug ?!!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »