Mobile menu

[Mod: members sometimes see own profile, from credentials in some profiles. No one else sees it]
Thread poster: PRAKAASH

PRAKAASH  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:16
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 19, 2004

Dear Concerned Ones,
Please look at the credentials icon of Surendra Nepali (Profile No. 17730) where my profile is occuring without my notice. When I contacted Surendra about the same, he replied
"I dont know what are you talking about. I dont need anybody's credentials. I have nearly 15 years of experience on translation only at RSS. Really I dont know who are you. Off course I am not familiar with you."
It is possible that when I was working through cyber cafes, someone has done mischief through my profile. Sometimes, it happened that I'd not logged out due to bad service of the server or some technical problem.
Whatsoever might be the reason, I don't want my profile to be shown as anyone's credentials in such a irritative manner. What shall I do to remove my profile from his credentials?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-06-19 17:23]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-06-19 18:59]

Direct link Reply with quote

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:46
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
It isn't a link to your profile (I'm happy to say) it just looks like one (any member will see self) Jun 19, 2004

Dear Prakaash,

I'm happy to say it's just a strange bug - if you click on the red "verified by what authority" link you see your own profile (strange but true). Any other member will see their own profile too, as I saw mine just now, checking the same link.
It happens occasionally, with some profiles, perhaps because some link is missing.

The important thing is - please don't worry -
because you are the only person who sees your profile when you/they click on that link (any other member will see their own profile, and visitors will see something else).

(It gave me a shock when I first saw it too)

Best wishes

(Eng Rus Geo)

[Edited at 2004-06-29 11:43]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[Mod: members sometimes see own profile, from credentials in some profiles. No one else sees it]

Advanced search

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs