Search by location only
Thread poster: Louise Dupont (X)
Louise Dupont (X)
Louise Dupont (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:22
English to French
Jul 15, 2005

Is it possible to search the freelancers' directory (old or new) with only one criteria that would be their location.
I would like to send a message to a 100 members to invite them to a powwow regardless of their working language, fields of specialization...

TIA

Alejandra Villarroel
Alejandra Villarroel  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 03:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
That's been in my wish list for a long time... Jul 15, 2005

http://www.proz.com/topic/24502

And I also thought of it when organizing a powwow...

Good luck!

ALEJANDRA

Valérie Madesclair
Valérie Madesclair
France
Local time: 09:22
English to French
+ ...
Available? Feb 18, 2007

Is this function available?
As a Powwow organizer, I've just tried to search my fellow translators in my area with the sole criterion "Haute-Normandie" (an area in France), and all I get is a null answer (I don't even appear!).

While entering some other criteria such as languages or field of expertise without deleting the entry Area, I get a list of translators (thousands of members) from all over my country, and they are not sorted by area.
Needless to say it's like lo
... See more
Is this function available?
As a Powwow organizer, I've just tried to search my fellow translators in my area with the sole criterion "Haute-Normandie" (an area in France), and all I get is a null answer (I don't even appear!).

While entering some other criteria such as languages or field of expertise without deleting the entry Area, I get a list of translators (thousands of members) from all over my country, and they are not sorted by area.
Needless to say it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Can we sort translators by area? if yes, how to sort them?

[Modifié le 2007-02-18 18:30]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search by location only

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »