Mobile menu

People are now listed at random under Language Translation Services?
Thread poster: writeaway

writeaway  Identity Verified

Local time: 00:49
Partial member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Aug 17, 2005

Next question: I happened to see a new feature directing people to translators (Language Translation Services). All the Plats seem to be grouped but instead of being listed according to 'points ranking' on the given site (I glanced at Fr-En), it almost looks like it started from the last page up. I went through 3 pages and still hadn't seen my name. In fact, I only recognised 2 or 3 names altogether. All the rest were names I had never seen before anywhere on the site.
Wouldn't it be better to announce upcoming changes before implementing them?

http://www.proz.com/french-to-english-translation-services/100

[Edited at 2005-08-17 10:05]

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 18:49
SITE FOUNDER
The purpose of this page is to get profiles indexed... Aug 17, 2005

The purpose of this page is to get profiles indexed... and names are rotated to interest search engines in clicking through to profiles. This page is not used by clients.

writeaway  Identity Verified

Partial member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Henry Aug 17, 2005

I usually don't have time to surf through the site. Maybe that's a good thing....

Pablo Grosschmid  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
should not be visible Oct 15, 2005

Henry wrote:

The purpose of this page is to get profiles indexed... and names are rotated to interest search engines in clicking through to profiles. This page is not used by clients.

...but it can be accessed by any visitor, even if not logged in

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

People are now listed at random under Language Translation Services?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs