Mobile menu

The google zone locator is biting into the profile content
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
xxxBrandis
Local time: 17:58
English to German
+ ...
Jun 15, 2006

Hi! I wanted you to know - I use acrobat webbrowser plug-in so that I can take a full page or any number of pages from a webbrowser into .pdf file. A clean .pdf generation or a replica of what is represented on the page is possible if few graphics are optimized. In our case it is the google zone indicator / locator. An outsourcer had wanted to have my profile as it is represented at the proz.com, giving him a .htm would have been easy, but he needed a printable version for his client. Now I get a .pdf document half covered by the google stuff. Can this be rectified. Best Brandis

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
What Google stuff? Jun 15, 2006

Brandis wrote:
Now I get a .pdf document half covered by the google stuff.

I've just had a look at my own profile page and I don't see any Google stuff. What are you talking about?

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Spanish
This map you see Jun 15, 2006

is not really there, it needs coordinates and a link to Google. It is a Javascript, I don't think any Plug-in can save it to a PDF.
But you can print it (maybe you need a modern browser) and then OCR it. Or simply send the URL

Regards

[Bearbeitet am 2006-06-15 10:15]

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Spanish
Just for fun Jun 15, 2006

I try it and...no problem at all.

Just print it, as printer choose your PDF plug-in (Distiller, etc.), I have Solid Converter. The map is OK

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The google zone locator is biting into the profile content

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs