Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:17
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Oct 26, 2008

Am I only over suspicious and it is really so calm with no spam and other mails or is the hosting system disturbed somehow?
I'm not getting any emails since today morning...

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:17
English to Arabic
+ ...
Same here Oct 26, 2008

I only really got suspicious when my Spam folder remained empty for over two hours!!

But I also noticed there were Kudoz messages I haven't received notification of.

Nesrin
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
We're getting there... Oct 26, 2008

The spam's starting to come in, though nothing more is. But it's a start!

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Same here Oct 27, 2008

I, too, face this problem at least once a day. And it starts working again after a couple of hours.

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
well Oct 27, 2008

And I have not received a job alert to my mailbox (not even in my spam folder).
The delays happen now and then, but seeing as it is not only me - could Proz admins do something about it please?

Nesrin
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
Back to normal Oct 27, 2008

Things have been back to normal since last night, here at least.

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Not normal Oct 27, 2008

As far as I'm concerned, it's an ongoing problem. It's not working right now but it worked a about 2 hours ago.

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Is it working now? Nov 21, 2008

I've not received any mails since yesterday lunchtime, and I know that messages have been sent to me. I can send them with no problem, as I have sent several test messages to my backup hotmail account which have arrived perfectly, but nothing is coming in.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Rodrigo Mencía
Rodrigo Mencía  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Me too Nov 26, 2008

I am having the same problem too. I cannot receive/send emails and my website is dead. I've tried CPanel and it's also dead. What's going on?

Andrew
Andrew
United States
English
Your domain and email issue Nov 26, 2008

Hello Rodrigo,

Your situation is actually caused by two coincidental issues.

The hosting servers logged several failed login attempts to your control panel. If you're forgotten your user name or need to reset your password, I can do this for you in your support ticket.

The email issue is due to the fact that your primary email account has reached it's quota. You'll need to remove or backup some of the older email you can now do without before new emai
... See more
Hello Rodrigo,

Your situation is actually caused by two coincidental issues.

The hosting servers logged several failed login attempts to your control panel. If you're forgotten your user name or need to reset your password, I can do this for you in your support ticket.

The email issue is due to the fact that your primary email account has reached it's quota. You'll need to remove or backup some of the older email you can now do without before new emails can arrive in your inbox. Until then, they will remain in the delivery queue for you.

If you need more help with any of this, please reply to your support ticket.

Best regards,
Andrew
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No mails coming in through ProZ hosting system

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »