How to customize PHPBB 2.8
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 10:12
English to German
+ ...
Aug 22, 2004

Hi! I have probably a difficult question. At the Proz.com hosting I have access to a PHPBB version 2.8, which I think is based on a UNIX System and I work with WindowsXP, and wishto customize the colors and look and feel. I shall apprecitate greatly if any of you could give me a useful tip. I work Dreamweaver, but when I load a page into DW - it appears blank, I see no menu and or code etc., Thank you for all advice in advance.May be I should have posted this in localisation forum.
Rgds,... See more
Hi! I have probably a difficult question. At the Proz.com hosting I have access to a PHPBB version 2.8, which I think is based on a UNIX System and I work with WindowsXP, and wishto customize the colors and look and feel. I shall apprecitate greatly if any of you could give me a useful tip. I work Dreamweaver, but when I load a page into DW - it appears blank, I see no menu and or code etc., Thank you for all advice in advance.May be I should have posted this in localisation forum.
Rgds,
Brandis

[Edited at 2004-08-22 19:08]
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 04:12
SITE STAFF
Customize phpBB from the phpBB admin page Aug 23, 2004

Brandis wrote:

Hi Brandis,

You can't customize phpBB using an HTML editor, but phpBB itself provides the means to change the look and feel of your forum.

Start by logging into the phpBB administrative interface (click "Go to Administration Panel" at the bottom of any phpBB page).

In the administration panel, in the left-hand frame, select Styles Admin->Create. This will allow you to create a new "theme" with your own fonts, colors, etc.

For more information, see the "Styles Admin" section of the phpBB user guide: http://www.phpbb.com/support/guide/#section3_4

I hope this helps.

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to customize PHPBB 2.8

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »