Mobile menu

New FTP HOWTO posted
Thread poster: Jason Grimes

Jason Grimes
Local time: 15:37
Nov 23, 2004

Hi everyone,

I have uploaded a new HOWTO document about using FTP with hosting. You can find it here:

Comments are always welcome.

Best regards,

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-11-24 06:16]

Direct link Reply with quote
Local time: 21:37
English to German
+ ...
that was great Nov 23, 2004

Hi! and thank you that was great, does it function equally well with the basic hosting! Because I read somewhere anonymous ftp is enabled only on advanced hosting. Rgds, Brandis - I shall try out and get back.

Jason Grimes
Local time: 15:37
HOWTO applies to both standard and advanced hosting packages Nov 24, 2004

Brandis wrote:
does it function equally well with the basic hosting!

Hi Brandis,

The FTP howto applies to both of the available hosting packages. The only FTP-related difference between the two packages is that the standard package allows you to create only one extra FTP account, while the advanced package allows you to create 5 extra FTP accounts.

Anonymous FTP access is available for each hosting account that enables it (using the login ""). Traditional anonymous FTP access (using the login "anonymous") is disabled.

I hope this helps to clarify.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New FTP HOWTO posted

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs