Antonella Andreella (X)
Antonella Andreella (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:29
German to Italian
+ ...
Jan 12, 2005

Hi all,

I'm not receiving emails from my website's email account. All setting parameters are correct, I've sent myself a message from another email account yesterday and did not receive it yet.
Can you please check?

Thanks in advance
Antonella

[Edited at 2005-01-12 14:54]

giogi
giogi
Local time: 16:29
Hi Antonella, Jan 12, 2005

We are two now!
Cheers
Giovanna

IsaPro
IsaPro  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
And do not receive job alerts !!! Jan 12, 2005

It works sometimes but it doesn't very often !!!

Antonella Andreella (X)
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Domain hosting Jan 12, 2005

Hi Isa,

I was referring to domain hosting, not to ProZ.com mails.

Bye
Antonella

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 11:29
SITE STAFF
Antonella, check your mail client settings Jan 12, 2005

Hi Antonella,

Email is being successfully delivered to your account on the new hosting system. Did you update the settings for your email program after migrating from the legacy hosting system?

For information about configuring your email program, see the getting started guide: http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/getting_started

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 11:29
SITE STAFF
See the support center for help troubleshooting email problems Jan 12, 2005

Giovanna and IsaPro,

Please see the support center for help troubleshooting email delivery problems: http://www.proz.com/support?&mode=email

Best regards,

Jason

Antonella Andreella (X)
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Migrating? Jan 12, 2005

Jason dear,

thanks a lot for your reply but I thought it was all done automatically, well I now changed the POP server name into mail.(mydomain.com) and also my username and I do remember my password (I've written it down actually) but it still doesn't work. I've also tried to create a new password but it tells me that the new password has been sent to my email account, though I don't know which one in this case, hope not my domain email account, since I can't access it.....but I ca
... See more
Jason dear,

thanks a lot for your reply but I thought it was all done automatically, well I now changed the POP server name into mail.(mydomain.com) and also my username and I do remember my password (I've written it down actually) but it still doesn't work. I've also tried to create a new password but it tells me that the new password has been sent to my email account, though I don't know which one in this case, hope not my domain email account, since I can't access it.....but I can send messages

How is it that my password has been modified?

Please help me

Bye
Antonella

Here is what I've just done
Accessing your email

The mail hosting howto explains how to use the mail features provided by your hosting account in detail.

To access your email, you will need to configure your email program to use the correct mail server for your hosting account. Set your "Incoming" (POP3 or IMAP) and "Outgoing" (SMTP) mail servers to:

mail.yourdomain.com

Your actual mail server name is shown on your hosting info page.

Use the username and password of your main hosting account to access your default mailbox.

Well my username has been changed, and I didn't know it, but I've also tried using the new username, but it doesn't work. What else shall I do?

TIA
Antonella

[Edited at 2005-01-12 20:20]

Here it reads (resetting a new password)

Click "cancel" at the password dialog that pops up. You will be directed to a page that says "Access Denied. If you have lost your password, you can reset it by entering your username". Enter your username in that field and click the submit button. A message will be sent to the email address associated with your hosting account that will walk you through resetting your password. If you don't receive this email message, please submit a support request.

My question:
since I can't access my email account so I can't read emails....what the use of sending a message to the email address associated with my hosting account?

Can you please also confirm the username I'm supposed to use
aandreella (was the first one)
andreell (is supposed to be the new one which was given me by who knows...)
and the box for setting a new password tells me that my username is usually my email address...

Ok, that's all for this evening

Bye

Antonella

[Edited at 2005-01-12 20:33]
Collapse

Antonella Andreella (X)
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done! Jan 12, 2005

Dear Jason,

you'll be glad to know that I finally succeeded in downloading my messages... 65 junk mails

However the new hosting look ggrrreeaaatttttt!!!

Antonella

Hander Heim
Hander Heim  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:29
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same help, please! Apr 1, 2005

Hi Antonella,

perhaps you could help me out explaining to me how you managed to download your messages.

I just can't seem to view them in my Outlook.

Also, I got a few junk emails to [email protected]; [email protected] and [email protected] .

How could this have happened since I did not set up these email accounts?

Antonella Andreella wrote:

Dear Jason,

you'll be glad to know that I finally succeeded in downloading my messages... 65 junk mails

However the new hosting look ggrrreeaaatttttt!!!

Antonella

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I'm not receiving emails

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »