My ProZ.com hosting has dissapeared (staff: 'I can reach the site')
Thread poster: Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 3, 2005

Hi

I haven't had access to my control panel, my website or my webmail. My IP says everything is ok in its side. My DNS server says my domain name is addressed to the proz servers. Nevertheless, the only page that appears is a page I had in my old server, and can't access to any proz hosting service. It's several days now. What is happening?

Edwal

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 19:03]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 19:04
... See more
Hi

I haven't had access to my control panel, my website or my webmail. My IP says everything is ok in its side. My DNS server says my domain name is addressed to the proz servers. Nevertheless, the only page that appears is a page I had in my old server, and can't access to any proz hosting service. It's several days now. What is happening?

Edwal

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 19:03]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 19:04]
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:37
SITE FOUNDER
I can browse perutranslations.com Feb 3, 2005

Hi Edwal,

Are you referring to perutranslations.com? I can reach it over the web (and view multiple pages.)

I can also access your cpanel and webmail pages. (I get prompted for your password.)

Henry

Edwal Rospigliosi
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Really? Feb 3, 2005

Henry wrote:

Hi Edwal,

Are you referring to perutranslations.com? I can reach it over the web (and view multiple pages.)

I can also access your cpanel and webmail pages. (I get prompted for your password.)

Henry

Hi Henry. If the page you reached has blue and white background, then it's my old page (in my old server). My new page (in Proz server) is all white, and I can't reach it. About cpanel, I can't reach it from here. Anyway, I'll try again with my DNS and IP providers. It's really strange.

Thanks.

[Edited at 2005-02-03 19:22]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Yes, blue and white background Feb 3, 2005

Yes, I get a blue and white background. Something is apparently going on with the DNS record.

ilker ingiz
ilker ingiz
Türkiye
Local time: 12:37
German to Turkish
+ ...
general internet problems Feb 3, 2005

I have experienced some serious Backbone problems since last 24 hours. This may be the cause.

Edwal Rospigliosi
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What can be happening? Feb 4, 2005

Well, I reached the control panel, but not through my domain, but through cheddar.host.proz.com:2082. I set up a FTP account. Control panel says it's ready, Internet explorer says error 404. I open my mail boxes, all empty although I sent there several test messages. Opened the file manager, my new page is there, but my browser shows the old one.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Do not use cheddar.host.proz.com Feb 4, 2005

Hi Edwal,

Do not access your site via cheddar.host.proz.com, that is an obsolete server. Any changes you make to your account on cheddar.host.proz.com will not be accessible and will be overwritten.

Instead of cheddar.host.proz.com, you can use h1.host.proz.com. However, if you continue to have trouble accessing your site and control panel from the links on your hosting info pa
... See more
Hi Edwal,

Do not access your site via cheddar.host.proz.com, that is an obsolete server. Any changes you make to your account on cheddar.host.proz.com will not be accessible and will be overwritten.

Instead of cheddar.host.proz.com, you can use h1.host.proz.com. However, if you continue to have trouble accessing your site and control panel from the links on your hosting info page, please submit a support request and site staff will look into the problem further.

Best regards,

Jason
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My ProZ.com hosting has dissapeared (staff: 'I can reach the site')

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »