Mobile menu

Can't add the "www" prefix to my website address
Thread poster: Alejandra Villarroel

Alejandra Villarroel  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 12, 2005

I finally had a time window to plan my website and activate my ProZ hosting account.

Since I have owned a domain for some time, I chose to park it using my ProZ hosting account. The system didn't let me introduce the "www" prefix. I thought I could do it later, but apparently I can't. Will this have an impact or is it totally unimportant?

I would like to know the answer before I contact my domain registrar about the hosting server details.

Direct link Reply with quote
German to English
+ ...
Can't add the "www" prefix to my website address Apr 13, 2005

A lot of websites work without the www prefix these days. Just enter your website address without the prefix and see if it works!

Jason Grimes
Local time: 07:59
www prefix will work automatically Apr 13, 2005

Hi Alejandra,

Your hosted domain will be automatically reachable with or without the leading "www" once your domain has been configured. Note that your domain has not yet been configured to use the hosting name servers. Please see the domain howto for more information about how to take care of that:

Best regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't add the "www" prefix to my website address

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs