Thread poster: Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Romanian
+ ...
Apr 19, 2005

Dear colleagues,

A strange thing is happening to me. A couple of days ago, I changed my hosting provider for one of my 2 domains, which I had purchased through Proz.com. My former provider for the respective domain was Proz.com, which is now my hosting provider for the second domain.

The problem I have after I had my domain hosted by a new provider is that I can no longer send messages to e-mail accounts hosted by Proz.com. I first tried to send an e-mail from o
... See more
Dear colleagues,

A strange thing is happening to me. A couple of days ago, I changed my hosting provider for one of my 2 domains, which I had purchased through Proz.com. My former provider for the respective domain was Proz.com, which is now my hosting provider for the second domain.

The problem I have after I had my domain hosted by a new provider is that I can no longer send messages to e-mail accounts hosted by Proz.com. I first tried to send an e-mail from one of my accounts (hosted by the new provider) to the other account (hosted by Proz.com), but I received a failure notice. Then, I tried to send messages to two colleagues who also have their e-mail accounts hosted by Proz.com. I received the same failure notice which reads as follows:

“Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.rdslink.ro.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

:
216.218.254.146 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550-Verification failed for
550-Unrouteable address
550 Sender verify failed
Giving up on 216.218.254.146.”

I must add that I can generally send messages to any e-mail account (except those hosted by Proz.com), and I can receive messaged from any e-mail account, including those hosted by Proz.com.

I don’t know, there may be a wrong setting I made while configuring my e-mail accounts, but after many tries, I gave up finding the solution myself. I need your help.

Thanks!

Mihai

[Edited at 2005-04-19 16:00]
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 01:24
SITE STAFF
Please submit a support request with more details Apr 21, 2005

Hi Mihai,

Please submit a support request with the detailed error message you receive (including the email address that you censored in this post). That will help me to track down the problem.

Best regards,

Jason

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved with Jason's help Apr 22, 2005

Thanks, Jason!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with sending e-mails to accounts hosted by Proz.com

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »