Mobile menu

Off topic: Editing: making the layout of my homepage
Thread poster: Joris Bogaert

Joris Bogaert  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:50
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
May 26, 2005

I've worked on the layout of my homepage and I've inserted some grafic tables in it. Doing so, I see that the space between the top and the bottom of my page is increased. I would like to reduce the upper space which is betweenthe normal text and (for instance) the first table. I tried to make the table smeller but it doesn't work. What can I do to make it more compact?

Direct link Reply with quote

Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:50
English to Spanish
Nested tables... May 27, 2005

the problem with profiles is that you are already working inside a table and that gets rather risky.

I could not solve it entirely, but I found out that leaving *no spaces or breaks* between html tags certainly improves the outcome. For example, instead of the traditional:

<td>Blah blah blah.</td>

You should type:

<table><tr><td>Blah blah blah.</td></tr></table>

It worked for me...

Good luck!

[Edited at 2005-05-27 21:23]

Joris Bogaert  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:50
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Profile editing - main problem risolved, but an additional question May 27, 2005

Thanks a lot. You're right! It works greatly.

P.S: I saw your site, a very nice design!

I do have a further question (if I may...)
I've tried to upload some images in order to make them visible on my profile page, but when I try to insert them with html (as indicated in Gianfranco Manco's manual) in order to get them visible, it doens't work. I suppose I uploaded badly (the file manager is not so user-friendly, or maybe I'm just awkward in using it), or maybe I wrote a bad html code??

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing: making the layout of my homepage

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs