MailForm cgi doesn't attach files to email. Can't locate the files.
Thread poster: Jaime Oriard
Jaime Oriard
Jaime Oriard  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:47
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 28, 2005

I have configures the MailForm Clone cgi script and everything works great, except two things:

1. When a file is attached using a file-type input tag in a form, the "required" field of the script does not recognize it.

2. In the same situation, disabling the "required" flied, the form is sent, but not the attached file. I get the following in the body of the email:

file-[path to the file in my system and file name]: /tmp/cpanel.TMP.p2rx8zqTw_6yOYkB
<
... See more
I have configures the MailForm Clone cgi script and everything works great, except two things:

1. When a file is attached using a file-type input tag in a form, the "required" field of the script does not recognize it.

2. In the same situation, disabling the "required" flied, the form is sent, but not the attached file. I get the following in the body of the email:

file-[path to the file in my system and file name]: /tmp/cpanel.TMP.p2rx8zqTw_6yOYkB

Since I don't receive the file as an attachemtn in the email generated by the script, I tried following this rute:
: /tmp/cpanel.TMP.p2rx8zqTw_6yOYkB
after my domain, but I cannot access the sent files.

When I tested the script, the files were actually uploaded ¿how can I get the script to attached the files o how can I retreive the files from the server (if they are stored there)?

Thanks,
Jaime
Collapse

Michael Bastin
Michael Bastin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:47
English to French
+ ...
Formmail.php Jul 28, 2005

I really can't help you with your issue, but being fed up with formmail.pl configurations. I tried formmail.php which is so much easier to use, no playing around with paths and the like, just upload main file to the root and change your form and it works pretty good.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MailForm cgi doesn't attach files to email. Can't locate the files.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »