How to display pictures on my ProZ.com profile?
Thread poster: Joanna Borowska
Joanna Borowska
Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:05
English to Polish
Jan 8, 2006

I uploaded some pictures to my domain and I would like to display them on my profile page. How do I do it?
I checked Gianfranco Manca's tutorial but it only says how to do it using "Edit your site" feature (no longer available). And how about My ProZ.com Hosting? I have problems coming up with the address locating the picture I want to display. Can you help me with the right html code?

Thanks in advance!

Joanna, the computer greenhorn

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Display pictures Jan 8, 2006

ryfka wrote:

I uploaded some pictures to my domain and I would like to display them on my profile page. How do I do it?
I checked Gianfranco Manca's tutorial but it only says how to do it using "Edit your site" feature (no longer available). And how about My ProZ.com Hosting? I have problems coming up with the address locating the picture I want to display. Can you help me with the right html code?

Thanks in advance!

Joanna, the computer greenhorn

Hi Joanna,

If you uploaded your pictures on your proz-domain, the code should look like this :

img src="http://www.proz.com/home/XXXX/Images/YYY.gif" border=0

where XXXX is you proz-ID. Don't forget to insert the "lower as" and "greater as" symbols, without space.

Hope I'm right, but I am not sure since I did it with the "Edit my site" feature, but the code should be about the same.

Sylvain

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Widzę, że już wiesz... Jan 8, 2006

Ale jakby co, daj znać (najlepiej tel albo Skype, bo pisać nie lubię)

Joanna Borowska
Poland
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
OK, I think the problem is solved. Jan 8, 2006

Thank you!

Joanna Borowska
Poland
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Just in case other greenhorns like me read it: Jan 9, 2006

In order to display pictures on your ProZ.com profile

- go to My Hosting/Control Panel/File Manager/public_html

- upload your pictures there

- click on the icon of the appropriate file (picture) to you get the File Url which will look like this: http://www.your_name.my.proz.com/your_picture.gif

- paste it on your profile
... See more
In order to display pictures on your ProZ.com profile

- go to My Hosting/Control Panel/File Manager/public_html

- upload your pictures there

- click on the icon of the appropriate file (picture) to you get the File Url which will look like this: http://www.your_name.my.proz.com/your_picture.gif

- paste it on your profile with the appropriate html code:
img src="http://www.your_name.my.proz.com/your_picture.gif" border=0
(adding < > of course)

- and that's it!

It is really very simple. The reason why I couldn't make it work before was that I had uploaded the pictures to a different folder instead of to public_html.

Best regards,

Joanna

[Edited at 2006-01-09 22:14]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to display pictures on my ProZ.com profile?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »