Storage space for emails - what is correct?
Thread poster: Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:34
English to German
+ ...
Jan 20, 2006

Advertisement says "1 GB storage space" - "Learn more" says "250 MB storage space" Jan 20, 9:59 am

Hello!

As I have learned, there are 2 options for web hosting - 250 MB storage for USD 24,99 and 1 GB storage for USD 49,99.

However, the "Learn more" text under both options states a storage space of 250 MB.

Can anyone tell me what is correct?

Maybe, the "Learn more" text under the "1 GB" option should be changed?

TIA
... See more
Advertisement says "1 GB storage space" - "Learn more" says "250 MB storage space" Jan 20, 9:59 am

Hello!

As I have learned, there are 2 options for web hosting - 250 MB storage for USD 24,99 and 1 GB storage for USD 49,99.

However, the "Learn more" text under both options states a storage space of 250 MB.

Maybe, the "Learn more" text under the "1 GB" option should be changed?

TIA

Steffen
Collapse

Kevin Pfeiffer (X)
Kevin Pfeiffer (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:34
German to English
+ ...
but why more than 100MB? Feb 13, 2006

Steffen Pollex wrote:

But more importantly, why would you need 1 GB for _mail_ storage? Not to mention 250MB? Of course, one could do this, but do you really want to pay $25/month ($300/year) just to store e-mail, which you could store for free on your own hard drive?

The web-hosting package that is free to platinum members allows 100MB of disk space, which should be more than enough for a single user who checks his mail at least once every two weeks or so (even with a web site).

-Kevin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Storage space for emails - what is correct?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »