Thread poster: Anjo Sterringa

Anjo Sterringa  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:32
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 12, 2006

Hi, I have an advanced hosting packege for a domain registered with eunames, as it is an .eu domain. (your-translation.eu) I built my little site as a first try, but every time I get to 'publish' it says there is something wrong with username and/or password.
If I use that username to reach my site's control panel through
Control panel: http://h1.host.proz.com:2082, it does accept my user name and password.
The DNS change has apparently not 'propagated' yet after three days, as I am not yet able to reach the controlpanel directly.
Does it have something to do with the DNS server? I have now written en names to change the DNS server.

Anjo

Direct link Reply with quote

Spain
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Step one: changed DNS server. No luck with site creator yet. Jun 13, 2006

I managed to change the dns server at eunames where the site was registered. Apparently you have to do that yourself.

No luck yet with the site creator. I also sent a support ticket to the site staff. Site creator refuses to publish the site, although I am using the correct ProZ hosting password.

I hope it will be solved when the DNS change has propagated.

Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 09:02
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Check the username and password for validity Jun 13, 2006

I had a similar problem while hosting my site. After several tries, Jason had to manually install it for me.

The problem, I later discovered, was with the username and password. The two cannot have similar words in their make up.

For example, you cannot have a username like "Bala" and a password like "Bala123" as in these two, the word "Bala" is repeated.

Please check whether something similar is the case in your situation, and if so, change the password to something else.

Good luck!

Spain
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved, it was a DNS problem Jun 13, 2006

The password is not the same length, and is completely different from my user name....

Thanks for your reply anyway, it's nice to know I am not the only one having (or causing) problems.

It seems that the problem is now solved after I managed to change the DNS at eunames.
I managed to publish my site, (the site creator suddenly decided to accept my password) only when I checked my website it still insisted it was parked at eunames.

Well, it took half an hour after that but it is solved!
Now I will actually have to start working on it.....

Have a look here:
http://your-translation.eu/

Anjo

[Edited at 2006-06-13 12:25]

[Edited at 2006-06-13 12:52]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Site creator refuses to publish my site

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs