Mobile menu security certificate?
Thread poster: Mark Oliver

Mark Oliver  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:54
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Jun 16, 2006

Not a pressing issue, to be sure, but just curious:

I am receiving a couple of error messages related to the security certificate associated with the "cheddar" domain specified in the subject line: it seems that the issuing authority is "cheddar" itself, and that my client (Thunderbird for OSX) finds this suspicious.

Is there a genuine problem here, or are my instincts (to ignore said "security threat" and happily continue to send mail) correct?

Thank you in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote

Florence B  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Uncheck "use a safe connection" Jun 16, 2006

I've had this problem for a while recently since upgrading Thunderbird and finally found the solution.

However my Thunderbird (1.5.04 too) is in French and I'm using Windows so I can't be sure at all about how this is all called in an English OSX version.

In "Tools" / "Accounts parameters"
SMTP outgoing server (at the bottom of the white column at the left)

Choose the appropriate SMTP server on the right side of the window (you may possibly just have one) then "Modify..."

A popup appears - at the bottom is "Use a safe connection"
Tick "No" then OK to close the 2 windows.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request » security certificate?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs