Mobile menu

cheddar.host.proz.com security certificate?
Thread poster: Mark Oliver

Mark Oliver  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:55
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Jun 16, 2006

Not a pressing issue, to be sure, but just curious:

I am receiving a couple of error messages related to the security certificate associated with the "cheddar" domain specified in the subject line: it seems that the issuing authority is "cheddar" itself, and that my client (Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 for OSX) finds this suspicious.

Is there a genuine problem here, or are my instincts (to ignore said "security threat" and happily continue to send mail) correct?

Thank you in advance,

Mark

Direct link Reply with quote

Florence B  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Uncheck "use a safe connection" Jun 16, 2006

I've had this problem for a while recently since upgrading Thunderbird and finally found the solution.

However my Thunderbird (1.5.04 too) is in French and I'm using Windows so I can't be sure at all about how this is all called in an English OSX version.

In "Tools" / "Accounts parameters"
SMTP outgoing server (at the bottom of the white column at the left)

Choose the appropriate SMTP server on the right side of the window (you may possibly just have one) then "Modify..."

A popup appears - at the bottom is "Use a safe connection"
Tick "No" then OK to close the 2 windows.

HTH

Florence

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cheddar.host.proz.com security certificate?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs