https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_hosting/51740-finding_your_site_with_google_search.html

finding your site with google search
Thread poster: Evgeny Terekhin
Evgeny Terekhin
Evgeny Terekhin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:38
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 21, 2006

Hi everyone.

I have a question related to buiding a website at proz.com.

I have created it, but when I search google for it (I enter the name : Ad Hoc Russian to English translations), it's not listed.

Is it because it's hanging somewhere at the end of the long list? Or is it because I need to go .com instead of my.proz.com?

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:38
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
New websites listed lasts long Jul 21, 2006

Hi Evgeni,
normally Google does not show new websites immediately, it can last 6 months up to one year.
I do not know if it is different with a Proz website.
Search engines nowadays are very mistrustful. Because there was a lot of abuse regarding new websites.

Best regards
Steffi

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:38
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Any link to your page will help Jul 21, 2006

Put a link on a site that is already listed with Google, so Google will follow that link and registrate your page.

Regards
Heinrich

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Start your counter now... Jul 21, 2006

Evgueni Terekhin wrote:
I have created it, but when I search google for it (I enter the name : Ad Hoc Russian to English Translations), it's not listed.

I've just added your site to the ODP using your site's title as the listing title. Try searching for your site every day for the next couple of days to see if it pops up on Google soon.

Evgeny Terekhin
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
the full name of the site Jul 21, 2006

Samuel Murray wrote:

I've just added your site to the ODP using your site's title as the listing title. Try searching for your site every day for the next couple of days to see if it pops up on Google soon.

Thank you, friends.

Samuel, the full name of the site is: Ad Hoc English to Russian and Russian to English Translations

(I had "Russian to English" in my first post - my mistake). So do you need to change the name of it so google will register my site?

Evgeny Terekhin
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
how do I do that? Jul 21, 2006

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Put a link on a site that is already listed with Google, so Google will follow that link and registrate your page.

Regards
Heinrich

Dear Heinrich,
How do I di that? Can you give me an example of a google registered site where I can post my URL?

Thank you, Evgueni

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
There is a limit to keyword loading in ODP Jul 21, 2006

Evgueni Terekhin wrote:
Samuel, the full name of the site is: Ad Hoc English to Russian and Russian to English Translations.

No, the full name and the full title of your web site is "Ad Hoc Russian To English Translations". Besides, if the site name contains too many keywords, the ODP editor is likely to trim the site listing's title down to simply "Ad Hoc" or perhaps even "Evgueni Terekhin".

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Or, submit the site yourself Jul 21, 2006

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Or, submit the site's URL to Google yourself:
http://www.google.com/addurl/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

finding your site with google search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »