Problem with mail-server hosted at proz.com (Mod: Please http://www.proz.com/topic/52868)
Thread poster: Emmanuelle Riffault
Emmanuelle Riffault
Emmanuelle Riffault  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 15:04
Member (2004)
German to French
+ ...
Aug 8, 2006

Hello,
I received a mail from proz a couple of days ago informing me that hosting servers would be switched to new servers (or something like that...).

Since yesterday I've not been able to receive mails any more. Since I have a hosting-account at proz.com, is this problem maybe related to this changings? Does anyone else have similar problems?

Thanks

Emmanuelle

PS: I've alr
... See more
Hello,
I received a mail from proz a couple of days ago informing me that hosting servers would be switched to new servers (or something like that...).

Since yesterday I've not been able to receive mails any more. Since I have a hosting-account at proz.com, is this problem maybe related to this changings? Does anyone else have similar problems?

Thanks

Emmanuelle

PS: I've already send a mail to support but haven't get any answer yet

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-08-08 13:25]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-08-08 20:23]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-08-09 15:36]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-08-09 15:36]
Collapse

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:04
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
You're not alone Aug 8, 2006

Hi Emmanuelle,
Please see this tread: http://www.proz.com/topic/52868

Apparently all e-mail accounts are affected, hopefully the problem will be solved soon.

Magda

Emmanuelle Riffault
Australia
Member (2004)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Magda Aug 8, 2006

Magda Dziadosz wrote:

Hi Emmanuelle,
Please see this tread: http://www.proz.com/topic/52868

Apparently all e-mail accounts are affected, hopefully the problem will be solved soon.

Magda

I have checked the forums looking for this issue but haven't find anything

The problem is still there but I feel less alone...

Thank you!

Emmanuelle

Andy Bell
Andy Bell  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:04
Norwegian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Loss of business Aug 8, 2006

Any chance of this being done expediently- this is bad for business. I have clients waiting to respond to me, potential clients to lose, etc. etc.
TIA
Andy Bell

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:04
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Will I receive any sent email? Aug 8, 2006

I'm worried because I'm waiting an incoming huge project and the reply to some translation equires. If they've already been sent, will I be able to receive them later?

Regards

Clarisa Moraña

Steven Sidore
Steven Sidore  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:04
German to English
give an alternate email Aug 8, 2006

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

I'm worried because I'm waiting an incoming huge project and the reply to some translation equires. If they've already been sent, will I be able to receive them later?

Regards

Clarisa Moraña

I suggest you contact the client with an alternate email address (one not hosted by proz) ASAP. I've had to do this several times today.

Emmanuelle Riffault
Australia
Member (2004)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Aug 8, 2006

Steven Sidore wrote:

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

Regards

Clarisa Moraña

I suggest you contact the client with an alternate email address (one not hosted by proz) ASAP. I've had to do this several times today.

Proz support has answered to my mail and my problem is solved. The problem is indeed related to the hosting servers being switched.

And yes: the only solution is to give an alternate email address independant from proz.

Emmanuelle

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 01:04
English
Workaround for the mail problem Aug 8, 2006

Hello all,

Please accept my apologies for the trouble relating to your mail.

Please see my workaround to this problem located here - http://www.proz.com/topic/52868 .

Thanks!

Best regards,
Justin

PS:

Yes, they should be waiting for you on the new hosting server.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with mail-server hosted at proz.com (Mod: Please http://www.proz.com/topic/52868)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »