Thread poster: Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Sep 5, 2006

Hi,

Just want to know how others use this service. I, for one, already have a fully functional website... and don't want to change it for obvious reasons...

So I'd like to know how all of you are using this service.

Thanks and regards,

Ritu Bhanot

Joost Elshoff (X)
Joost Elshoff (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:13
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
use it as a portal Sep 5, 2006

Hi!

Personally I was referred to this site to get more information on a translator's work and anything that has to do with it. I think proz.com can never replace owning a personal website, but it has some perks you wouldn't have relying just on your own website.

It's easy to keep your profile here, where numerous agencies and outsourcers post their jobs and questions. I think proz.com is more of a community where you can consult peers about anything regarding language,
... See more
Hi!

Personally I was referred to this site to get more information on a translator's work and anything that has to do with it. I think proz.com can never replace owning a personal website, but it has some perks you wouldn't have relying just on your own website.

It's easy to keep your profile here, where numerous agencies and outsourcers post their jobs and questions. I think proz.com is more of a community where you can consult peers about anything regarding language, linguistics and translation.

I also have a personal website, but somehow it's easier to do business here then overthere... because more people know the way to proz.com.

Regards,

Joost
Collapse

Fan Gao
Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 04:13
English to Chinese
+ ...
Presumably the same thing you do with yours. Sep 5, 2006

Hi Ritu,

With your question do you mean what do people do with the service on top of their externally hosted websites or instead of?

We have our own website too which is hosted by another service as I assume yours is.

My understanding is that Proz hosting is for people to take advantage of who do not already have their own website and I assume they use it for the same things you and I do. For marketing yourself, advertising your services to a global audienc
... See more
Hi Ritu,

With your question do you mean what do people do with the service on top of their externally hosted websites or instead of?

We have our own website too which is hosted by another service as I assume yours is.

My understanding is that Proz hosting is for people to take advantage of who do not already have their own website and I assume they use it for the same things you and I do. For marketing yourself, advertising your services to a global audience etc.

I would be interested to find out though if people use Proz hosting in addition to having an external website in effect of doubling their advertising. Does it work?

Best wishes,
Mark
Collapse

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
One Website: isn't that good enough? Sep 5, 2006

Yes, I have a website hosted by google... and has excellent rating. So much so that some of my clients who are in the IT field have requested me to put their links on it... They had some sort of software to check a site's standing or whatever...

So, why'd I need another hosting service? Or is there some other use for it? Eg. backing up ur computer or whatever? I've heard that people use webspace for that...

And then there's also that talk of domain name e-mail that
... See more
Yes, I have a website hosted by google... and has excellent rating. So much so that some of my clients who are in the IT field have requested me to put their links on it... They had some sort of software to check a site's standing or whatever...

So, why'd I need another hosting service? Or is there some other use for it? Eg. backing up ur computer or whatever? I've heard that people use webspace for that...

And then there's also that talk of domain name e-mail that comes with it...

I mean, I've already got one website and several profiles and as a web-facilitator for Nabuur I get some perks as I've linked my web-site with my Nabuur profile...

So what am I supposed to do with it? Any other use?

Best Regards,

Ritu
Collapse

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
I posted photos from powwows I attended Sep 5, 2006

and use it to exchange files used in one of my activities. I'd say it is heavily underused, but given I have three other servers I use, it is not that bad.

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Cause of money Sep 5, 2006

Ritu Bhanot wrote:

So, why'd I need another hosting service?

Ritu

As a member here in Proz.com you can profit from the hosting services with a lot of features and space.

Search for cPanel.

Why to pay for two Hosting services?
you can change where your site is hosted very easily
If you own a "free" hosting services like Google or something like that, well, here is better, for sure.

Your site do not change, it is only the place (server9 where it is maintained

Regards

craigs
craigs
Local time: 14:13
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Let's see yours Sep 5, 2006

Does anyone have an example of how they set up their own?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hosting: What do you do with it?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »