Server rejecting the email address of the sender when sending emails
Thread poster: Elizabeth Sánchez León

Elizabeth Sánchez León  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 20, 2007

I have the following message when trying to send emails from my domain with Outlook:

El mensaje no se pudo enviar, el servidor rechazó la dirección de correo electrónico del remitente: "Elizabeth Sánchez León". Asunto 'Leído: Adobe Connect Pro Traducción', Cuenta: 'esl.esl.net', Servidor: 'pop3.e-sl.net', Protocolo: SMTP, Respuesta del servidor: '501 5.1.7 Syntax error in mailbox address "elizabeth.s?nchez.le?n[las.palmas" (non-printable character)', Puerto: 25, Seguridad (SSL): No, Error de servidor: 501, Número de error: 0x800CCC78

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Direct link Reply with quote

justin C
United States
Local time: 16:23
English
Can you provide the error message in English? Mar 20, 2007

Hi Elizabeth!

Can you provide an English version of the error?

Best regards,
Justin

Elizabeth Sánchez León  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry for that... Mar 20, 2007

Sorry. I forgot to add the English version:

It is:

The message could not being sent. The server rejected the e-mail address of the sender: "Elizabeth Sánchez León". Subject 'Read: Adobe Connect Pro Translation', Account: 'esl.e-sl.net', Server: 'pop3.e-sl.net', Protocol: SMTP, Answer from the server: '501 5.1.7 Syntax error in mailbox address "elizabeth.s?nchez.le?n[las.palmas" (non-printable character)', Port: 25, Security (SSL): No, Error of server: 501, Number of error: 0x800CCC78

TIA!

[Edited at 2007-03-20 13:46]

justin C
United States
Local time: 16:23
English
Not 100% on this one, but try removing the accents from your name and see if it works Mar 20, 2007

Hi Elizabeth,

I did some research this afternoon about the problem you are having, but did not come up with anything conclusive. Could you try removing the accented characters from your name and try sending again? I have a feeling the hosting server may be choking on the unicode characters. But this way we'll know for sure

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
Justin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Server rejecting the email address of the sender when sending emails

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs