I can´t send mails..through Proz.com mail service at the everyone.net
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 08:41
English to German
+ ...
Mar 29, 2007

Halo! I had recd. an enquiry from a possible outsourcer. I wanted to reply and the screen after pressing the button send said "sorry (outsorucer´s mailid) you can´t send to the outsourcer due to high abusive compliant rate" . I do not know how to classify this and a thing like this had never happened to me. Is anyone facing similar troubles or may be the management can help solve it. Well this seems to be the case with the mail account at the everyone net. Brandis

[Edited at 2007-03-29
... See more
Halo! I had recd. an enquiry from a possible outsourcer. I wanted to reply and the screen after pressing the button send said "sorry (outsorucer´s mailid) you can´t send to the outsourcer due to high abusive compliant rate" . I do not know how to classify this and a thing like this had never happened to me. Is anyone facing similar troubles or may be the management can help solve it. Well this seems to be the case with the mail account at the everyone net. Brandis

[Edited at 2007-03-29 07:16]

I have just now tried to set reroute all mails reaching my account at everyone.net to my domain mail id - but couldn´t find the location in my profile.

[Edited at 2007-03-29 07:23]
Collapse

Yolande Haneder (X)
Yolande Haneder (X)  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
I think it would be a cause of concern to your business Mar 29, 2007

Dear Brandis,

I looked around for the terminology "high abuse complaint rate" in the process of the e-mail management and this indicated that your e-mail had been marked as spam by a high number of outsourcers.

If this is true, I would seriously review my marketing procedure and ask myself why outsourcers won't want to get an offer from you (and particularly not make it public).

I wish you luck.

y.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it is good that I get a feed back Mar 29, 2007

Yolande Haneder wrote:

Dear Brandis,

I looked around for the terminology "high abuse complaint rate" in the process of the e-mail management and this indicated that your e-mail had been marked as spam by a high number of outsourcers.

If this is true, I would seriously review my marketing procedure and ask myself why outsourcers won't want to get an offer from you (and particularly not make it public).

I wish you luck.

y.

Do we have a proof. My spam box as I can see quite clean and I am not a spammer, it is an account
free mail box with everyone.net ) and I do not always have control over it, I myself get sometimes funny mails and delete them promptly, but I use it solely to receive and send mails not even files are received via this account. My marketing procedure is normal as always, and I do not see any necessity to change it. But it is not the domain mail I use regularly, it is the proz.mail system with everyone.net. Age old mails and enquiries I want to keep are always there, I sincerely fail to see the reasoning behind this implementation. Well the screen said "high abuse compliant rate and not complaint" sorry for the misunderstanding. Brandis

Yolande Haneder (X)
Yolande Haneder (X)  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
I don't have a proof, only proz knows Mar 29, 2007

I took it from here

http://www.espcoalition.org/Project_Lumos_White_Paper.pdf

Abuse Complaint Count
The count of the number of unique recipients who report a particular campaign as spam. The abuse complaint rate will be a key factor in the performance rating. While some complaints may be unjustified, the majority of abuse complaints indicate that t
... See more
I took it from here

Abuse Complaint Count
The count of the number of unique recipients who report a particular campaign as spam. The abuse complaint rate will be a key factor in the performance rating. While some complaints may be unjustified, the majority of abuse complaints indicate that the sending of the email to this recipient was inappropriate.

Maybe it is something else, who knows?

I don't find any sense in compliant rate. How can be a compliant rate an abuse? If you do all what it is expected, it can't be an abuse. There is probably a typo.

[Edited at 2007-03-29 10:28]
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
this is a very funny situation... Mar 29, 2007

Yolande Haneder wrote:

I took it from here

Abuse Complaint Count
The count of the number of unique recipients who report a particular campaign as spam. The abuse complaint rate will be a key factor in the performance rating. While some complaints may be unjustified, the majority of abuse complaints indicate that the sending of the email to this recipient was inappropriate.

Maybe it is something else, who knows?

I don't find any sense in compliant rate. How can be a compliant rate an abuse? If you do all what it is expected, it can't be an abuse. There is probably a typo.

[Edited at 2007-03-29 10:07]
H! I had never faced a situation like this before and I am not a bulk mail sender. Then if proz.com management knows, they should inform me of the same, may be with a proof. Lately I have shifted from one ISP to another (only two days back) because the service was very bad. Earlier I mean a few years back, I used to recive virus attaches or a spamming messages attached to my regular mail. the bulk was difficult to take care of, but I have survided that phase. When nobody knows the reason and my account is being marked at the everyone.net, i really do not know what I could do. May be proz.com management knows the reason. I did nothing to achieve this status. I am reading now the document link you have provided. Brandis p.s I have read that large document now, but it does not directly lead to me in any way. Because I cross send mails to my various account to check their status, this was so since the last happening about 3 years back. Then may proz.com management explain and regulate this issue, becuase it is within their scope.

[Edited at 2007-03-29 10:21]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can´t send mails..through Proz.com mail service at the everyone.net

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »