Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 19:58
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Tirana - Ohrid with some detours Apr 22, 2009

Dear All,

Would anyone be interested in travelling from Tirana to Ohrid with some detours in Albania? I would be interested to see Vlore/Durres/Berat/Gjirokaster. This could take a few days.

On the way back, straight to Tirana.

Csaba

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Planes, trains and autos Tirana to Ohrid Apr 30, 2009

Hi everyone, I think I'll do the same. Are there still spots left in rent-a-cars? When do we leave from Tirana and when will we be back (I need to get air tickets soon!)?

Thanks!!!

Looking forward to a great time,

John

Csaba Ban wrote:

Dear All,

Would anyone be interested in travelling from Tirana to Ohrid with some detours in Albania? I would be interested to see Vlore/Durres/Berat/Gjirokaster. This could take a few days.

On the way back, straight to Tirana.

Csaba

Paola Dentifrigi
Paola Dentifrigi  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tirana May 1, 2009

Hi John and others,
I've just bought my ticket and I'd advise you to do the same (it was a bit more expensive than a couple of weeks ago - 197 €). This is for those who fly from Italy and Liège (Belgium): www.belleair.it. I'll fly on the 28 of June from Pisa and fly back on the 9 of July. As soon as we know how many "Albanians" we are, we'll organize a powwow in Tirana with the aid of locals, a car to Oh
... See more
Hi John and others,
I've just bought my ticket and I'd advise you to do the same (it was a bit more expensive than a couple of weeks ago - 197 €). This is for those who fly from Italy and Liège (Belgium): www.belleair.it. I'll fly on the 28 of June from Pisa and fly back on the 9 of July. As soon as we know how many "Albanians" we are, we'll organize a powwow in Tirana with the aid of locals, a car to Ohrid etc.
Keep in touch,
Paola
PS have a nice 1st of May (I am working except for a small barbecue)
Collapse

dkalinic
dkalinic
Croatian to German
+ ...
In memoriam
official written invitation required. May 2, 2009

Anna Semyonova wrote:

The program is very interesting!
I'm looking forward to take part in the conference! Is an official (written) invitation necessary?

Thank you!

[Редактировалось 2009-02-15 17:21 GMT]

Anna, according to the information I have from the Macedonian embassy in Zagreb (Croatia), an official written invitation is necessary to obtain the Macedonian visa. My wife happens to be in the same position as you - she's a Belorusian citizen holding temporary Croatian residence. I wonder whether there's a possibility of getting such a document.

Regards and looking forward to meeting you all in Ohrid,
Davor

Paola Dentifrigi
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Powwow in Tirana! May 4, 2009

Hallo,
Please, have a look. Suggestions from locals are (more than) welcomed!
Paola
http://www.proz.com/powwow/2663

dkalinic
dkalinic
Croatian to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Arriving on July 2 at 22.30, departing on July 6 at 16.00 May 7, 2009

Hi, Hristina!

We'll be arriving on July 2 at 22.30 and departing on July 6 at 16.00 from Skopje airport. Is the transfer to Ohrid possible at such a late hour?

Regards,
Davor

John Di Rico
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Have my ticket! May 13, 2009

Paola Dentifrigi wrote:

I'll fly on the 28 of June from Pisa and fly back on the 9 of July. As soon as we know how many "Albanians" we are, we'll organize a powwow in Tirana with the aid of locals, a car to Ohrid etc.

Hi Paola,

I just got my ticket, arriving on the 28th as well in Tirana (very late).
I'm working on some travel plans to leave Albania on Wednesday for Ohrid. Have you reserved a hotel or anything in Tirana?

I have to be back in Albania on Sunday July 5th because my flight is early the next morning.

I'll send you some travel itinerary options shortly.

Looking forward to the trip! and conference incidentally!

John

Paola Dentifrigi
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hostel May 13, 2009

Hi John (and those who might be interested).
As I do not want to work in those days, I was thinking of sleeping here:
http://www.tiranahostel.com/Tirana%20Backpacker%20Hostel/Tirana%20Backpacker%20Hostel.html
It looks interesting and very cheap - only 12 €!
I got the infor
... See more
Hi John (and those who might be interested).
As I do not want to work in those days, I was thinking of sleeping here:
http://www.tiranahostel.com/Tirana%20Backpacker%20Hostel/Tirana%20Backpacker%20Hostel.html
It looks interesting and very cheap - only 12 €!
I got the information here, of course:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/albania/tirana

Then we'll work out the car thing.

See you!
Paola
Collapse

John Di Rico
France
Member (2006)
French to English
hostel in Albania May 13, 2009

Ok Paola, this could be a good solution. I'm going to find out about renting a furnished apartment for 2 to 4 people in case there are others who decide to join us. I won't have the options until May 27th however. Then we can compare. I'm also having someone look into the best car/transport rental options.

I'll keep you posted!

Paola Dentifrigi
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
options May 14, 2009

Hi John,
that could be a good idea. I've come across this site: http://www.albania-hotel.com/home_rent.html.
This if for car rentals: http://www.albania-holidays.com/cars.html

Cheers,
Paola

John Di Rico
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Car and accommdation proposals for Tirana-Ohrid adventure Jun 3, 2009

Dear colleagues,

Paola and I are looking for two more people who want to join us in Tirana for a few days before the conference and then drive with us to Ohrid...

Our apartment can accommodate 4 people (two rooms), includes two double beds and two single ones, kitchen and utensils in one of the rooms, balcony, wireless internet, tv, taxes. All for only 11 € per person per night!

The location is 250 meters from Skanderbeg Square!

We'll also
... See more
Dear colleagues,

Paola and I are looking for two more people who want to join us in Tirana for a few days before the conference and then drive with us to Ohrid...

Our apartment can accommodate 4 people (two rooms), includes two double beds and two single ones, kitchen and utensils in one of the rooms, balcony, wireless internet, tv, taxes. All for only 11 € per person per night!

The location is 250 meters from Skanderbeg Square!

We'll also be renting a car on Wednesday to drive to Ohrid, do a little sightseeing on the way and drive back to Tirana on Sunday night (count on roughly €10 per person per day).

Please let us know ASAP if you want to join us!!!

Best,

John
Collapse

Paola Dentifrigi
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
last call for Tirana Jun 17, 2009

Hi all,
we're about to book (flat and car), so if anybody is interested can get in touch with me through my Proz profile.
Cheers,
Paola

[Edited at 2009-06-17 13:03 GMT]

Caroline Devitt (X)
Caroline Devitt (X)  Identity Verified
Russian to English
+ ...
Thessaloniki-Ohrid: car/taxi Jun 20, 2009

Hi, all. I'm flying in to Thessaloniki for the conference on Friday 3rd July. The travel agency say they can arrange a car transfer from Thessaloniki to Ohrid for me, but it's expensive (€120-150 one way!). Is there anyone who'd be interested in sharing the cost with me? Is anyone else flying in to Thessaloniki that day? They say up to 3 passengers can travel in the car.

Caroline

John Di Rico
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Back to Albania! Jul 5, 2009

Sweet idea Paola! Albania rules! Punë e mbarë!

ProZ.com Conference in Albania 2010? Elda, Helena... thanks and we're counting on you!

Ec Linguistic Solutions
Ec Linguistic Solutions
United States
Local time: 13:58
Albanian to English
+ ...
with pleasure! Jul 6, 2009

Yes, John. I would appreciate your assistance as previously discussed. Looking forward to your email.

Already miss u both.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Ohrid conference 2009 - Travel

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »