Thread poster: Anne Diamantidis
Mary Moritz
Mary Moritz  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:45
Member (2007)
French to English
Reservation at Tristar Sep 9, 2010

Hello everyone,

I jumped on the bandwagon rather late about the hotel reservation. Still, I seem to have gotten a reservation at the Tristar hotel via e-mail. One of the threads here says that they are overbooked...is it a wise thing to take them at their word that I have a room or should I book elsewhere? Any thoughts Pavel?

Mary

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
alternative? Sep 9, 2010

Mary Moritz wrote:

Hello everyone,

I jumped on the bandwagon rather late about the hotel reservation. Still, I seem to have gotten a reservation at the Tristar hotel via e-mail. One of the threads here says that they are overbooked...is it a wise thing to take them at their word that I have a room or should I book elsewhere? Any thoughts Pavel?

Mary

Hello Mary and Pavel,

there seems to be a discrepancy between the hotel's availability through the on-line booking system (only double rooms available) and the information I received via their reservations e-mail contact (hotel overbooked).

I have found an option for 3 nights total 111 Eur at "My Hotel Apollon" SGLB with breakfast, it doesn't seem too far from the venue http://www.hotelapollon.cz/

I would appreciate any comments on this option (especially from Pavel or anyone knowing the location) before going ahead and securing my booking.

Thanks,

D.

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Confirmed - Artemis totally booked Sep 9, 2010

I just called the Artemis hotel and they said they have no rooms at all from Sept. 30 to Oct. 5.

Does anyone want to share a double or triple room for any or all of these nights?

Mary Moritz
Member (2007)
French to English
Clarification Sep 9, 2010

Just to clarify:
I booked a room via the Olympik website. It gave me confirmation that I was booked, which was suspect to me since I had read these threads.
I received a message today from Tristar saying they were they only lodging that could offer me room for the three nights I needed (Fri, Sat and Sun).
Daniela, your hotel looks lovely.
Have you seen where it is located according to the conference?
Mary

Mary Moritz
Member (2007)
French to English
Clarification, cont. Sep 9, 2010

The rate they offered me was 50 € (not the 44 € for the conference). That might be because I booked a double room. I asked them to re-confirm and they did via e-mail so it seems there are a few rooms left.
Mary

633310 (X)
633310 (X)  Identity Verified

Italian to Russian
+ ...
Conference hotel is still available for booking Sep 9, 2010

Erik Hansson wrote:

Dear Pavel,

Me being late as usual, I am now about to look for a suitable hotel in Prague, arriving on 1st and leaving on 3rd October.

After an enquiry to Hotel Artemis I was informed that they are "overbooked" (Olympik and Tristar, too). I just had a quick look at booking.com, a site which is always my first choice for searching accommodation. In order not to stay too far away from the conference hotel, what are suitable city districts - 09 and 03?

I found this city map with the city districts: http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:Prague_municipal_districts.png&filetimestamp=20070401104700

Thanks for your help.

Erik

It's strange because I've seen today on tripadvisor site that there are still available rooms at these hotels and the price is ok: about 43 EUR for a single room.

Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
Booking chaos at the hotel? Sep 9, 2010

This is really strange, as I asked the hotel directly (with direct e-mail) if there were any free rooms at one of the three hotels.

The first answer was "No free rooms". I asked again, if this would apply to all three hotels, and a minute later I was informed about "No free rooms at these hotels. We are overbooked." Maybe the hotel staff are not able to cope with all these guests

I have now booked at a s
... See more
This is really strange, as I asked the hotel directly (with direct e-mail) if there were any free rooms at one of the three hotels.

The first answer was "No free rooms". I asked again, if this would apply to all three hotels, and a minute later I was informed about "No free rooms at these hotels. We are overbooked." Maybe the hotel staff are not able to cope with all these guests

I have now booked at a smaller hotel not so far from metro station Florenc which is at the same line (yellow, B) as Invalidovna close to the conference venue. The neighbourhood around Florenc seems to be a good choice as it's easy to reach from both railway stations (Holesovice and Hlavni Nadrazi).

--
Edited for more information:
My communication was with Ms. Svatava Pavlová, reservation.tristar (at) olympik.cz on 25th Aug. Maybe they have found new rooms somewhere now...?

[Edited at 2010-09-09 13:21 GMT]
Collapse

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
distance Sep 9, 2010

Mary Moritz wrote:

Just to clarify:
I booked a room via the Olympik website. It gave me confirmation that I was booked, which was suspect to me since I had read these threads.
I received a message today from Tristar saying they were they only lodging that could offer me room for the three nights I needed (Fri, Sat and Sun).
Daniela, your hotel looks lovely.
Have you seen where it is located according to the conference?
Mary

Approximately 2.5 km.
It seems ok, and I would prefer not to risk the hassle of finding out I have been overbooked, so I think I'll go ahead and confirm my reservation this afternoon.

See you all at the conference

Mary Moritz
Member (2007)
French to English
Quite confusing... Sep 9, 2010

Erik Hansson wrote:

Edited for more information:
My communication was with Ms. Svatava Pavlová, reservation.tristar (at) olympik.cz on 25th Aug. Maybe they have found new rooms somewhere now...?

[Edited at 2010-09-09 13:21 GMT]

My e-mail contact has been with Ms. Pavlova as well, so maybe they have found more rooms? Still, I do think that the ProZ organizers should look into this a bit more because there really could be a huge problem if the hotels are overbooked.

That said, have you booked a room elsewhere, Erik?
Oops! Just read that you have!

[Modifié le 2010-09-09 16:13 GMT]

Pavel Janoušek
Pavel Janoušek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
German to Czech
+ ...
Apollon Hotel + chaos at Olympik Sep 9, 2010

Hi Daniela & Co.

Apollon Hotel is located in the part of town called Zizkov. It's a good location, you can take tram no. 1 and go to Palmovka (about 5 minutes, two stops) and then walk to the conference hotel (about 10 minutes) or take a tram.

As for the "chaos" at Tristar/Olympik, I was also informed about a month ago that there were no vacancies any longer. After a week or so, though, I tried to book an
... See more
Hi Daniela & Co.

Apollon Hotel is located in the part of town called Zizkov. It's a good location, you can take tram no. 1 and go to Palmovka (about 5 minutes, two stops) and then walk to the conference hotel (about 10 minutes) or take a tram.

As for the "chaos" at Tristar/Olympik, I was also informed about a month ago that there were no vacancies any longer. After a week or so, though, I tried to book another room and they had one.

They probably had a room block for the other event that is taking place at the same weekend, and either the event or some room bookings were cancelled.

I have been in contact with Mrs Svatava Pavlová at Olympic Tristar Reservations, and she is a reliable person so if you received a confirmation from her, it should be okay. To be on the safe side, as always, ask her to reconfirm.

I can't believe we're less than four weeks away from the conference...
I'm looking forward to meeting you all here in Prague. Hopefully, the weather will be reasonable.

Cheers,
Pavel

[Upraveno: 2010-09-09 16:14 GMT]
Collapse

Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
@ Edward & those who don't have accomodation yet Sep 9, 2010

Edward Potter wrote:

I am looking for accomodations.

Does anyone have a double room booked at the venue who wants to share?

Hi, Edward

I have sent you an e-Mail. Have you received it?

And for all the others:
At the place I am staying, there are still vacancies. If there is anyone interested
please contact me! It would be great!

See you all in 2,5 weeks!

Helena

[Edited at 2010-09-09 16:44 GMT]

Jørgen A. Andersen
Jørgen A. Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Danish
+ ...
Tristar still a cheap possibility Sep 29, 2010

Quite unexpectedly, I managed to get a single occupation double room in the Tristar Hotel from Thursday to Sunday at 44 EUR/night through Hotels.com

Let us hope there is nothing "wrong".

Look forward to seing you all

Jørgen

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Prague conference 2010: Accommodation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »