Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:14
English to French
+ ...
Aug 12, 2010

Dear all,

A training session "Your first steps with voice recognition software" will take place after the conference on Monday, October 4. From 9 am to 12h30 pm, Olympik Artemis Hotel

The aim of this training is to demonstrate the use of DNS in order to increase productivity associated, not only, with other tools of the translation industry, but also, in dealing with daily admin task and Internet (terminology) research.

Target: Translators working with Engl
... See more
Dear all,

A training session "Your first steps with voice recognition software" will take place after the conference on Monday, October 4. From 9 am to 12h30 pm, Olympik Artemis Hotel

The aim of this training is to demonstrate the use of DNS in order to increase productivity associated, not only, with other tools of the translation industry, but also, in dealing with daily admin task and Internet (terminology) research.

Target: Translators working with English, French, Dutch, German, Italian, Spanish

- Introduction to DNS: DNS preferred, DNS Pro
- History and Basic principles (Statistical base recognition): Development and key dates, limits, statistical base tool, basic functions
- DNS, English voice recognition for non native speakers: Training DNS, tips and tricks to improve recognition and accuracy
- Using with CAT tools: DNS with Déjà Vu, DNS with MemoQ, DNS with Alchemy Catalyst/Publisher
- Other uses for DNS: Searching the Web (Terminology search), writing emails, invoicing and other administrative tasks
- Questions
- Wrap up/summary

Capacity: 20 people.

You have the option of either purchasing the training session alone, or the conference + the training session.

Complete information and registration to this session via the conference page here.

Please do not hesitate to post here for any question or doubt.

Kind regards,

Anne Diamantidis
ProZ.com in-person events
Collapse

Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
A great session, indeed Aug 12, 2010

Hi Anne,
I thank you very much for this new sesion right after the conference.

However I think, as many of us have taken advantage of the early-bid option to pay the conference, the most of us will already have, as well, the return ticket back home. And so, many of us won't have the chance to take part in this seminar. I think this is a great pity!

I.e. me: I do not live far away from Prague and I would love to attend this session, but if I do, I must cancel my ti
... See more
Hi Anne,
I thank you very much for this new sesion right after the conference.

However I think, as many of us have taken advantage of the early-bid option to pay the conference, the most of us will already have, as well, the return ticket back home. And so, many of us won't have the chance to take part in this seminar. I think this is a great pity!

I.e. me: I do not live far away from Prague and I would love to attend this session, but if I do, I must cancel my ticket back to Germany AND cancel other duties I had for tuesday, which I can't.

In short: I honestly think you have included this session much too late and just a very tinny bunch of people will now be able to attend it.

As a suggestion: What about doing it on friday morning or if not posible, during the conference, at the venue itself, as a third choice to attend a session?

Sad regards,
Helena
Collapse

Hristina Dojčinova
Hristina Dojčinova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:14
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Interesting! Aug 12, 2010

Dear Anne,

Thank you for posting about this interesting training session, it will be an excellent session for me personally. I am looking forward to attending it. Actually I can hardly wait for the conference itself

All the best,

Hristina

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Trados training session on Friday Aug 12, 2010

Hi Helena,

Thanks for you reply. I understand. However, a SDL Trados Training session will take place all day Friday at the venue too, I'm working on announcing it right now.
Monday is the simplest option but let me see what I can do.

Please note however that Hacene, who will be giving the training on Monday, will also give a general iontroduction to DNS on Saturday during the conference. He will be there all weekend and will be happy to answer your questions abo
... See more
Hi Helena,

Thanks for you reply. I understand. However, a SDL Trados Training session will take place all day Friday at the venue too, I'm working on announcing it right now.
Monday is the simplest option but let me see what I can do.

Please note however that Hacene, who will be giving the training on Monday, will also give a general iontroduction to DNS on Saturday during the conference. He will be there all weekend and will be happy to answer your questions about the tool.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Warmest regards from La Plata,
Anne
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Hristina! Aug 12, 2010

Hristina Dojčinova wrote:

Dear Anne,

Thank you for posting about this interesting training session, it will be an excellent session for me personally. I am looking forward to attending it. Actually I can hardly wait for the conference itself

All the best,

Hristina

Thanks a lot for your enthusiasm!
Warmest regards to Skopje

Anne

Helena Diaz del Real
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
SDL Trados session Aug 12, 2010

Hi Anne,
I am sure this session will be great as well, but if I am honest, I am not much interested in it. This is exactly the oposite about the Dragon speaking one, which I would love to attend but I just can't on Monday. And I can easily imagine, I am by far, not the only one...

I also thank you Hacene for being there for questions.

All the best,
Helena

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Working on making it happen Aug 12, 2010

Hi Helena,

Just to keep you updated - we are working on having a DNS session on Friday. I can't promise it will be happening, as they are a lot of things to change - Hacene's flights, room availability, etc. but we are working on it and we'll keep you posted latest beginning of next week.

Let me know if you have further comments or concerns!

Warm regards,
Anne

Helena Diaz del Real
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Thank's Anne and Hacene Aug 12, 2010

Hi Anne and Hacene,

I thank you both for trying it.
I hope it works and also that I can attend it...

Cheers,
Helena

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MOnday vs. Friday Aug 12, 2010

Dear all,

In order to see whether holding a Dragon Naturally Speaking training session both on Friday and Monday would be a viable option, I need a favour - those of you who are interested in this training, please reply to this topic indicating your preference: Friday morning or Monday morning (taking into account the SDL Studio 2009 training session on Friday) ?

Many thanks in advance and kind regards,

Anne

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Please let us know before Thursday Aug 17, 2010

Dear all,

We may have the possibility to organize a second DNS training session on Friday at the same time than the SDL Trados session. However, in order to see whether this option is viable and take a decision accordingly, we need you to let us know if you are interested in attending the training session on Friday, Monday, or any.

Please post here by replying back, indicating your preference, before Thursday. A final decision will be taken on Thursday based on your rep
... See more
Dear all,

We may have the possibility to organize a second DNS training session on Friday at the same time than the SDL Trados session. However, in order to see whether this option is viable and take a decision accordingly, we need you to let us know if you are interested in attending the training session on Friday, Monday, or any.

Please post here by replying back, indicating your preference, before Thursday. A final decision will be taken on Thursday based on your replies.

Thanks and regards,

Anne
ProZ.com events
Collapse

Helena Diaz del Real
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
What about a third possibility during the confrence? Aug 17, 2010

Hi Anne and Hacene,

My choice would be to handle it during the conference itself, as a third choice.

I don't know if it's clear what I mean, so I'll explain it:

During the conference, the attendees can choose among two possibilities, which speech they want to hear (see programm). I suggest to add a third possibility, being this DNS-Session.

This would be my choice to attend the session.

Nice regards,
Helena

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Room availability Aug 17, 2010

Hi Helena!

Thanks for the suggestion! However, none of the training rooms is available during the weekend as there is another event taking place in the Olympik Artemis at the same time than ours.

Warm regards and have a lovely evening,
Anne

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No DNS possible on Friday Aug 20, 2010

Dear Helena,

I'm afraid the very low interest in a second training session on Friday doesn ot make it a viable option. The Dragon Naturally Speaking Monday session is maintained, and on Friday there will be a SDL Trados Studio 2009 course and the city tour.

Hacene, the Dragon Naturally Speaking trainer, will be in Prague all weekend, so feel free to go to him during the conference and ask him your questions.
I'll make sure to organize further DNS training sessions
... See more
Dear Helena,

I'm afraid the very low interest in a second training session on Friday doesn ot make it a viable option. The Dragon Naturally Speaking Monday session is maintained, and on Friday there will be a SDL Trados Studio 2009 course and the city tour.

Hacene, the Dragon Naturally Speaking trainer, will be in Prague all weekend, so feel free to go to him during the conference and ask him your questions.
I'll make sure to organize further DNS training sessions at future events whenever possible to provide you with a new opportunity.

Warm regards,
Anne
Collapse

Helena Diaz del Real
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Thank you very much, Anne Aug 20, 2010

Salut Anne,

Thank you very much for yours and Hacene's efforts for making the DNS on friday. I am sorry that it does not work.
However, as you know, I use to attend many conferences, so I hope there will be another opportunity in future meetings.

Once again thank you very much and many greetings from Spain,
Helena

Sarah Marcuc (X)
Sarah Marcuc (X)  Identity Verified

Dragon + Trados Sep 14, 2010

Hi everyone,

I still have to buy pass for the conference, and I would like to attend to attend with a friend (she has to complete registration too) to both the Trados and the Dragon courses. Is it possible to attendo to both? I can't find this option: I can only see 1)Full conference (+ gala dinner) + Dragon Naturally Speaking Training session €340.00 EUR and 2) Full conference (+ gala dinner) + SDL Trados Training session €425.00 EUR...
Will both courses take place at the
... See more
Hi everyone,

I still have to buy pass for the conference, and I would like to attend to attend with a friend (she has to complete registration too) to both the Trados and the Dragon courses. Is it possible to attendo to both? I can't find this option: I can only see 1)Full conference (+ gala dinner) + Dragon Naturally Speaking Training session €340.00 EUR and 2) Full conference (+ gala dinner) + SDL Trados Training session €425.00 EUR...
Will both courses take place at the same venue? Can someone explain how it works?
Thanks,
Sarah

[Edited at 2010-09-14 11:29 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Prague conference 2010: Dragon Naturally Speaking training session

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »