Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 13:23
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Advanced course Mar 19, 2007

The trainer (Jerzy Czopik) will be in town for several days even before the conference, so in principle there could be another advanced course on Friday (April 27), but this would be a good idea only if a sufficient number of people show interest.

Csaba

Irina Nesterenko
Irina Nesterenko  Identity Verified
Montenegro
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
Trados session details Apr 13, 2007

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

it is intended for people, whe either want to start to use Trados or are using it in rudimentary way.

For the intermediate session you will need to be able to translate Word text and prepared textes in Tageditor without hesitation.

You might also consider attendig both sessions, if you wish.

Kind regards
Jerzy

Dear Jerzy,

Csaba recommended to get in touch with you in connection with some special offer regarding the Trados session.
Could you please reveal "further details" regarding the latter.

Kind regards,
Irina Nesterenko

nocciola
nocciola  Identity Verified
Germany
English
+ ...
Laptop use Apr 16, 2007

Dear Jerzy

I had planned to sign up for the Beginner's Trados
training session but I read that you need to come with the programme already installed on your own PC.

The problem is, my laptop is rather old and has a Windows 98 OS. (Currently I use a desktop PC to work, which uses Windows XP.)
I read that Trados will not run on Windows 98. Moreover, I only have 128 MB RAM. My partner has tried to upgrade my laptop with ebay-sourced components without success.<
... See more
Dear Jerzy

I had planned to sign up for the Beginner's Trados
training session but I read that you need to come with the programme already installed on your own PC.

The problem is, my laptop is rather old and has a Windows 98 OS. (Currently I use a desktop PC to work, which uses Windows XP.)
I read that Trados will not run on Windows 98. Moreover, I only have 128 MB RAM. My partner has tried to upgrade my laptop with ebay-sourced components without success.

As you can imagine, I don't want to buy a new laptop just to attend the training session. Is there another
solution? For example, could I hire a laptop from the conference organisers with Trados already installed?
If not, would I gain anything from observing another participant? In that case, could my fee be lowered?

I am currently downloading the trial version of SDL Trados Freelance onto my desktop PC.

Hazel Britton (Nocciola)
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You won't get SDL Trados 2006/2007 to work on Win98, but you can rent a laptop Apr 16, 2007

nevertheless, I assume you have Trados (an older version) installed on your laptop. With this version you will surely learn something, but the limitation will be Tageditor - only the latest versions are able to open certain (important) file types.

On a general note:
Renting laptops is possible. We have to know in advance, how many laptops are needed. The price will be 12,000 HUF per day. Then a laptop with English OS and SDL Trados 2007 (demo, full
... See more
nevertheless, I assume you have Trados (an older version) installed on your laptop. With this version you will surely learn something, but the limitation will be Tageditor - only the latest versions are able to open certain (important) file types.

On a general note:
Renting laptops is possible. We have to know in advance, how many laptops are needed. The price will be 12,000 HUF per day. Then a laptop with English OS and SDL Trados 2007 (demo, fully working) would be provided.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

nocciola
nocciola  Identity Verified
Germany
English
+ ...
Renting a laptop Apr 16, 2007

Dear Jerzy

I confirm that I would like to rent a laptop with Trados installed for the beginner's training session at a cost of HUF 12000.

Now I just have to find a flight!

Regards
Hazel

Rosana Herrero
Rosana Herrero  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Special offer Apr 18, 2007

Dear Jerzy,

Csaba recommended to get in touch with you in connection with some special offer regarding the Trados session.
Could you please reveal "further details" regarding the latter.

Kind regards,
Rosana Herrero

Transtaal
Transtaal  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Laptop Apr 25, 2007

Dear Jerzy,

I have just discovered we need to bring a laptop and would like to hire it (with TRADOS installed..) Is it still possible to arrange that?

Thanks,

Marjolaine

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please urgently contact Csaba Ban Apr 25, 2007

as he is able to organise this for you.
As for Trados beeing installed on it, so I think this should be possible.
I have a demo version here

Best
Jerzy
already in Budapest

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Budapest Conference 2007 - Trados training session forum

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »